Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:56, Paul71 said:

Quite Frankly how Shop Assistants etc manage to put a happy face on at all is amazing after the crap they get from the general public. 

Working in a supermarket, particularly the checkout you also pick up ever bug under the sun at Christmas as people are determined to get that box of quality street even if it means passing on typhoid .  Had the pleasure of checkout work when I sixteen.  

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Working in a supermarket, particularly the checkout you also pick up ever bug under the sun at Christmas as people are determined to get that box of quality street even if it means passing on typhoid .  Had the pleasure of checkout work when I sixteen.  

Lady in Asda told me she is rarely ill and credits it to being exposed to every bug all day and building up a mega immunity. Bit like Doctors do (so I'm told)

20 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why on earth does that annoy you?

It just does, no idea why. And by the way I'm not having a pop at servers at all and ALWAYS try to be pleasant, I just hate that phrase!

Other illogical dislikes:

Men with yellow ties

Men in suits with no ties

Wearing footwear without socks

Tattoos

TV announcers talking over the music at the end of a programme

13 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Liam Gallagher.

Each tune he drops erodes away any fond memories of the brief period he was relevant and exciting.

Absolutely. Another piss poor effort. Like his brother, he should have retired from music in 1996. 

Not strictly on topic, but...

People are stupid. Anyone who's spent an hour in the company of a person with a 100 IQ is pretty sure to recognise what I mean, when you reflect that half of people are no smarter than that. If you don't get this, well, maybe...never mind.

Anyway, the upshot of people being thick as mince is that society has to cater to the lowest common denominator.

My fridge is broken. It's a big American job which cost a grand, and worth trying to fix, so I go online and get into an chat with a rep from the manufacturer. 'My fridge is broken', say I, 'can I get an engineer out?'.

A little over half an hour's worth of questions later...'are you sure the door is shut?', 'is it plugged in?', 'is it next to a heat source?', ' is it in full sunshine?'.....she says, 'it seems to be broken, we'll have to get an engineer out'.

Eugenics. We need eugenics.

Edited by Needlesh
Low IQ showing

3 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

People are stupid. Anyone who's spent an hour in the company of a person with a 100 IQ is pretty sure to recognise what I mean, when you reflect that half of people are no smarter than that. If you don't get this, well, maybe...never mind.

Anyway, the upshot of people being thick as mince is that society has to cater to the lowest common denominator.

My fridge is broken. It's a big American job which cost a grand, and worth trying to fix, so I go online and get into an chat with a rep from the manufacturer. 'My fridge is broken', say I, 'can I get an engineer out?'.

A little over half an hour's worth of questions later...'are you sure the door is shut?', 'is it plugged in?', 'is it next to a heat source?', ' is it in full sunshine?'.....she says, 'it seems to be broken, we'll have to get an engineer out'.

Yer but they've got a script or flow chart they are given by the organisation they have been instructed to refer to diagnose the issue over the telephone to avoid the unnecessary expense of them having to send an engineer out for someone who genuinely is thick and hasn't realised it's not plugged in.

This shows on the contrary to your point valid signs of intelligence.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

It just does, no idea why. And by the way I'm not having a pop at servers at all and ALWAYS try to be pleasant, I just hate that phrase!

Other illogical dislikes:

Men with yellow ties

Men in suits with no ties

Wearing footwear without socks

Tattoos

TV announcers talking over the music at the end of a programme

What about women in yellow ties

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yer but they've got a script or flow chart they are given by the organisation they have been instructed to refer to diagnose the issue over the telephone to avoid the unnecessary expense of them having to send an engineer out for someone who genuinely is thick and hasn't realised it's not plugged in.

This shows on the contrary to your point valid signs of intelligence.

If you read the piece again, carefully, you'll see that this was entirely the point I was making.

Edited by Needlesh
Trying, reaaally trying, to be nice.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What about women in yellow ties

Ok provided thats all they are wearing.

5 hours ago, Needlesh said:

I’m not clever enough to understand this post, but I can fix fridges easy enough

2 hours ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

I’m not clever enough to understand this post, but I can fix fridges easy enough

Is the first thing you do is check its pluged in. Then charge 150 quid for switching it on.

12 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Lady in Asda told me she is rarely ill and credits it to being exposed to every bug all day and building up a mega immunity. Bit like Doctors do (so I'm told)

perhaps 10 months wasn't long enough , I had a cold for about three months.  Shop work wasn't really for me. The last straw was when I was told to chase after a nine year old who had nicked three packets of Rolos . By the time I caught up with him at the other side of the car park he'd rammed two whole packets in his gob in a panic - all that oozing toffee was horrific.  After letting him spit it out and go rather than choke to death I decided at that point , this kind of barbarism ain't for me . The manager was a total dick as well - worst I've ever had at just Seventeen .  The worrying thing is the step on you to get ahead, target driven megalomaniacs seem to be the norm now when it comes to appointing senior managers. Glad I'm not just starting working life .

Sith Happens
18 hours ago, Needlesh said:

People are stupid yes.

A few years ago I had a colleague of mine call me up looking for some technical assistance with her laptop.

'it wont come on she says', so i ask if she means not at all or booting up so far or what, she advises me no nothing, just a light flashing in the front when she tries to turn it on.

I say it sounds like its out of battery, try plugging it in, she says it is plugged in.

I say are you sure?, She tells me yes, so i tell her to trace the cable from the laptop to the plug, she traces the cable, huffing that i am getting her to do this, then she lets on a few well chosen expletives as she realises its not plugged in.

It was her first day back off holiday and she insists it was plugged in before she went, so in a clear attempt to cover herself she starts asking me why its not plugged in when she left it plugged in, at which point i tell her i have work to be doing and tell her i hoped she had a nice holiday and said goodbye.