Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Thought I would put it in here rather than in the new kits thread but my rant is about clubs that put stars above their crest and, in particular, Ipswich. They have three stars to symbolize what? Apparently one League, one FA Cup and one Cup Winners Cup. WTD (to obey the swear filter) is that all about?

Should we have three also, two leagues and an FA Cup? No we shouldn't btw - it's a rhetorical question. I can just about get European Cups but this is just a bit silly.

Sith Happens
20 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Thought I would put it in here rather than in the new kits thread but my rant is about clubs that put stars above their crest and, in particular, Ipswich. They have three stars to symbolize what? Apparently one League, one FA Cup and one Cup Winners Cup. WTD (to obey the swear filter) is that all about?

Should we have three also, two leagues and an FA Cup? No we shouldn't btw - it's a rhetorical question. I can just about get European Cups but this is just a bit silly.

Think Huddersfield have for 3 successive top flight championships,  thats ok.

Forest have two, 1 for each decade since they were in the top flight.

Leeds have 40,000, 1 for each away fan they take to each game.

People who say ‘if you can’t say something nice then don’t say anything at all’. Right, ok then, that’s half the worlds conversations killed stone dead. 

Also ‘women should build up other women, female solidarity’. They can go boil their stupid heads 

I saw a road-rage incident in the gym car park on Saturday morning, between 2 blokes I regularly see working out there - arguing over who got to park next to the building.

I see it there all the time: people leave their cars on the curbs or on yellow lines in front of the building instead of using one of the numerous free parking spaces about 20 metres away.

So, you're coming to the gym to get exercise and yet are unwilling to park a few metres further away and walk a few more steps to the gym?. Numpties.

Drivers who don't accelerate on a motorway slip road, Meaning as they attempt to merge into the traffic in the inside lane, they're not matching the speed of the vehicles already on the motorway. So as a result they are a danger to themselves, other drivers already on the motorway and a pain in the butt to the driver who as followed them down the slip road. As they too try to join the motorway safely.

14 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Drivers who don't accelerate on a motorway slip road, Meaning as they attempt to merge into the traffic in the inside lane, they're not matching the speed of the vehicles already on the motorway. So as a result they are a danger to themselves, other drivers already on the motorway and a pain in the butt to the driver who as followed them down the slip road. As they too try to join the motorway safely.

Love a motorway slip road personally, especially if I'm first in the queue.

Launch mode on, wait for the lights then floor it!

Just about the only place you can do it now.

Edited by reveldevil

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

I've posted this very thing before.

It's great fun when their actions mean you've got a lorry bearing down on you both, leaving you with a choice of driving up close behind them and filling the gap between them and the lorry, or slowing down so much that you end up behind the lorry and doing the same thing to anyone who may be behind you...

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I saw a road-rage incident in the gym car park on Saturday morning, between 2 blokes I regularly see working out there - arguing over who got to park next to the building.

I see it there all the time: people leave their cars on the curbs or on yellow lines in front of the building instead of using one of the numerous free parking spaces about 20 metres away.

So, you're coming to the gym to get exercise and yet are unwilling to park a few metres further away and walk a few more steps to the gym?. Numpties.

Is this Ripley?

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Love a motorway slip road personally, especially if I'm first in the queue.

Launch mode on, wait for the lights then floor it!

Just about the only place you can do it now.

Toll stations, it’s like mad max

10 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Newark on Trent, fella. 

Arh, they park on the actual pavement outside the gym opposite the sports centre in Ripley.  Everyone has to walk on the road while the Johnny Bravo’s show each other the way to the beach.

Sith Happens
14 hours ago, Wolfie said:

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

Arh, they park on the actual pavement outside the gym opposite the sports centre in Ripley.  Everyone has to walk on the road while the Johnny Bravo’s show each other the way to the beach.

Come on,  be fair and show some sympathy.

How would you like to try and walk any great distance when you have worked out only the top half of your body for so long that your puny legs can't carry you more than a few yards?

You also have to allow for the fact they need all their energy to stand in front of the mirrors in the gym admiring themselves too.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

In a footballing context, when people say that someone is ‘the best player in Europe’ or that a team is the ‘best in Europe’. Call me ignorant, but does that not de facto make them the best in the world?

Never heard of Brazil and Argentina?