Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

"Can you send me that in an email?"

No you daft cow I've just sat with you for 10 minutes explaining it in person so that I don't have to write War and Peace. If you can't grasp it, tell me now, if you won't remember everything, make notes and stop wasting my time.

Bit harsh, not your grandma's fault shes not mastered her new sky q box.

On 21/06/2019 at 15:30, JoetheRam said:

"Can you send me that in an email?"

No you daft cow I've just sat with you for 10 minutes explaining it in person so that I don't have to write War and Peace. If you can't grasp it, tell me now, if you won't remember everything, make notes and stop wasting my time.

I always ask for requests of my time in writing after a verbal so there is no "I never said/asked for that".

On behalf of the young lady I was watching last night in Lidl, I'd like to nominate self-service checkouts.

She had a drag-along basket full. A lot of household/kitchen utensil type stuff and a bit of food. I was queuing a couple of people behind her and quickly noticed that the red light was going off a lot on her checkout.

And when I say a lot, I'm not exaggerating when I say on every single item. Each time, she slumped her shoulders & looked blankly at the screen and had to wait for the guy to come over. Why he didn't stay with her, seeing what trouble she was having, I'll never know but this just added to the comedy in my eyes,l as he kept wandering off.

By this time I'd moved to the queue at the adjacent proper till - chuckling to myself the whole time - and the poor woman was still half way down her basket when I'd paid & gone.

Funniest thing I've seen in ages. It looked like comedy sketch or prank on her.

It's already been said, but people who play music or videos on their phones in public and are seemingly unaware of the concept of headphones.  Sat opposite one of the Bamfords now.

Similarly, parents who let their kids play on tablets with sound on in public or whose children become so addicted to iPads that they cannot function without them resulting in huge tantrums.

Sith Happens

People who let their dogs off the lead with little regard for other people. This last week my Sister and Brother in law are out walking their dog early, stood talking to another couple and a bloke comes walking down the path with his two dogs running free and he shouts something about 'if you have dogs my arent very good with dogs'. Before anyone can react the two bigger dogs attack and injure my Sisters dog, only the actions of my sister kicking and brother in law putting himself between the dogs and her dog prevent it being worse than it was.

Even when my sister had got her dog and picked him up one of the dogs managed had hold of her in an attempt to get to her dog.

Fortunately her dog will be ok, he had to go to the vets and is injured but it will heel, hes just very sore and sorry for himself right now. Because she just wanted to get away they dont have the guys details so having to foot a vets bill and could have been a lot worse.

Just struggle to understand the mentality of some people, is it just another example of 'don't give a duck about anyone else as long as I am ok' society?

I do wish the police had been called, not that i have a desire for the dogs to be put down or anything, but at least they may have been able to ensure in future he keeps the secure and muzzled when walking them. to prevent it happening again to someone else.

On 19/06/2019 at 08:45, Van Wolfie said:

On TV dramas, why don't people ever drive up to the house or whatever and park close to where they want to be?. They always seem to park 20 metres or so away for no reason. I realise it's a dramatic construct but it's stupid and annoying.

Similarly, I can't understand why police cars and ambulances always arrive with their sirens blasting, even on a deserted road on a private estate. Also a bit pointless if they're arriving to investigate a suspicious death.

On 27/05/2019 at 10:53, dog said:

Car drivers who think they don't need to signal

You would love it driving in Spain then,most cars only have one brake light,and loads of them only one lit headlight,see at least 2/3 a day driving with the hazard lights flashing,maybe they realise that they are a hazard driving

8 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

A few spoken phrases really wind me up.

'You couldn't make it up' - please. One man wrote Lord of the Rings. I'm sure whatever you've seen is believable.

'Going to give 110%' - If you can give 110%, you weren't giving 100% in the first place. Off you go.

Fully agree with the second one.

I always give 100%, it's just some days you can be more arsed than others.