Derby County F.C. v Barnsley F.C.

Boycie

6 hours ago, eddie said:

Trying hard to understand..... trying hard not to care.... sod it. Going for a pint and leaving my phone at home.

You didn't miss much - four lucky goals 

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

hooooof!

Wish we could hoof you

20 minutes ago, Doodle said:

So you think having the best player in the championship on the bench is funny? You must feel fookin stupid now he’s scored AGAIN and won the golden boot as well 

Are you drunk? Yeah, I bet he's sat in a quiet corner, castigating himself for having made the play-offs in his first season in charge. There's a few folk who should be feeling 'fookin stupid' but I doubt Rowett's one of them. As it stands, Vydra will have been freshened up nicely for the games against FUlham and that might work out very well given they look completely twatted right now.

WELL DONE LADS - COYR

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

That WBA team got promoted a year later and comfortably stayed up with roughly the same XI. I think Wolves got promoted a couple of years later too. And that Southampton team was really strong.

I'm not talking about league points. League points doesn't tell you the strength of a side. I mean, Cardiff got 90 points this season. No way is that side better than our McClaren team, or even Fulham.

They have performed better over a 46-league season, but that doesn't have any bearing on the quality of the squad.

Leicester didn't have a better quality squad than the rest in their PL season win, obviously.

You can only play 11 players at a time you know? Cardiff were the best side out of the two this season, that is fact.  Leicester won the league because they had the best side, that is another fact.

40 minutes ago, 86 points said:

You didn't miss much - four lucky goals 

Wish we could hoof you

Are you drunk? Yeah, I bet he's sat in a quiet corner, castigating himself for having made the play-offs in his first season in charge. There's a few folk who should be feeling 'fookin stupid' but I doubt Rowett's one of them. As it stands, Vydra will have been freshened up nicely for the games against FUlham and that might work out very well given they look completely twatted right now.

WELL DONE LADS - COYR

Your post is spot on mate, now please let's all stop moaning about Mr Rowett, or for anyone else for that matter, the time is for everyone to get behind the team and drive them onto Wembley, great support today, now we need to do the same on Friday, think it will be a tight game with Derby winning 2-1, to set up a great second leg down at Fulham.

Surprised at how easy Barnsley made it for us tbh.

Once we'd scored the opener I didn't really think they did much to warrant finding a way back into the game. Once we got the second they visibly folded. Glad to see us be so ruthless and clinical in that 10 minute spell.

I thought our defence coped fairly easily. Curtis and Keogh (bar one errant run out of defence) were largely untroubled - surprising given how much space we afforded them in the middle of the park.

Johnson was great one minute and then frustrating the next. 

Best three players on the pitch - Curtis, Weimann and Jerome. I was pleasantly surprised at how effective Jerome was. The finish for the first goal was composure on a stick. His set up for the second was equally impressive. He generally just bullied their defence until he went off. Weimann was just 100% effort all the time with a great eye for expansive passes. 

Shame its Fulham in the SFs, but I'd rather play them over two legs than one in London (Wembley) I guess. Shame for Burton too. I'd rather either Burton or Barnsley had stayed up instead of Bolton - well done Forest, you can't ******* do ANYTHING right!

Great atmosphere today, I can't honestly remember it being that good since the Brighton home leg in the playoffs.

Also great to see Igor, Bisgaard, Roy Mac and Rog in the crowd as well.

Not the slightest hint of bottling today ,, they came out and did the job that needed doing when we were in last chance saloon in the last game needing a result ,, now that’s pleasing to put it mildly, 

6 minutes ago, archied said:

Not the slightest hint of bottling today ,, they came out and did the job that needed doing when we were in last chance saloon in the last game needing a result ,, now that’s pleasing to put it mildly, 

Was gonna put a comment to that effect, after all these years of bottling is, does this switch mean the tide is turning... will we finally make it against all the odds... ones things for sure and that’s that I’ll be bloody bricking it all week!

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Was gonna put a comment to that effect, after all these years of bottling is, does this switch mean the tide is turning... will we finally make it against all the odds... ones things for sure and that’s that I’ll be bloody bricking it all week!

Goes a long way to putting the bottlers tag in the past ,,, we looked for all intents like we had / would bottle the play offs place after being second and hitting a poor run of results then disaterous results against Sunderland and burton but the manager and team grew a pair ,stood up to be counted and beat Cardiff ,drew at villa and smashed the banana skin Barnsley game ,,, we don’t go into playoffs as favs so we can just have a real crack at it ,, we’ll done rowett and the team ,, well done mel keeping faith with your man 

Good performance today but will probably need to be as good if not better against Fulham!

Made me laugh when Barnsley fans were celebrating that they were staying up, even though they were still going down!

Also, anyone have any idea how Olsson is? Looked like it could be his knee ligaments...how many of them do we seem to get!

9 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Put it this way, I feel a nap coming on.

Never did get my nap. 

That was big and beautiful today Derby County, a real manly performance with a decent level of skilful football to boot.

4 great goals, a teamful of good performances.

Maybe we are like a thoroughbred flat horse, once we feel the sun on our backs we fly out the stalls and never look back.

Finally Gary Rowett.

I may have given the impression I’d sack him regardless of our season end position, chiefly by writing and posting that. At the time, we’d were coming off the back of a dreadful run performance wise, culminating with the shambolic match vs Burton.

I honestly couldn’t see him turning it around, but his switch to a back 3, and the steadily improving performances since has made me reverse ferret.

Great credit to him and his staff and players for dragging themselves up and getting over the line with a measure of ease.

Hopefully he’ll see the improvement in his side when Vydra has replaced Olsson vs Cardiff and today, and starts that way on Friday, if so I feel we can take the tie away from Fulham before they even realise it.

Regardless he deserves to start next season as Derby boss. 

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Never did get my nap. 

That was big and beautiful today Derby County, a real manly performance with a decent level of skilful football to boot.

4 great goals, a teamful of good performances.

Maybe we are like a thoroughbred flat horse, once we feel the sun on our backs we fly out the stalls and never look back.

Finally Gary Rowett.

I may have given the impression I’d sack him regardless of our season end position, chiefly by writing and posting that. At the time, we’d were coming off the back of a dreadful run performance wise, culminating with the shambolic match vs Burton.

I honestly couldn’t see him turning it around, but his switch to a back 3, and the steadily improving performances since has made me reverse ferret.

Great credit to him and his staff and players for dragging themselves up and getting over the line with a measure of ease.

Hopefully he’ll see the improvement in his side when Vydra has replaced Olsson vs Cardiff and today, and starts that way on Friday, if so I feel we can take the tie away from Fulham before they even realise it.

Regardless he deserves to start next season as Derby boss. 

Like I and no doubt many others have said to you before, self -obsessiveness is not a pretty trait 

Why are you like this ?

Its embarrassing, man !

1 minute ago, BobbyD said:

Like I and no doubt many others have said to you before, self -obsessiveness is not a pretty trait 

Why are you like this ?

Its embarrassing, man !

I’m not Matej Vydra, so don’t see your point.

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

Good performance today but will probably need to be as good if not better against Fulham!

Made me laugh when Barnsley fans were celebrating that they were staying up, even though they were still going down!

Also, anyone have any idea how Olsson is? Looked like it could be his knee ligaments...how many of them do we seem to get!

left the ground with a brace on did not look promising.Guess they will assess ut tomorrow.

Weimann was class again today involved in everything, great turns and tricks and runs in behind creating space for others! He’s finally got a good run in the side!! Johnson solid both of those for my MOTM! Huddlestone is a class above, so calm and steady on the ball! We have good momentum going into Friday, they have the younger energetic squad which could help them over the 2 Legs but who knows? 

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Why are you like this ?

Its embarrassing, man !

My 1st reply was flippant, but looking back I'm not prepared to take such nonsense from you.

I've no idea wtf you're on about, I called you out on another thread, you made a nonsensical reply there, and are now bringing your beef to another thread.

I've never been called self obsessive before, either by others or indeed yourself, feel free to disprove this otherwise. 

In fact, as 3 of your last 8 posts have been replies to me, I'd suggest it's you who's obsessed with me.

Your right it is embarrassing, but it's not my cheeks that are blushing.

Sorry to derail the thread.

What a great day out all round. Am still slightly bemused by one thing,

At one point after all the chanting at the Barnsley fans that they are going down, a goal went in somewhere and they cheered as if they'd been saved and were safe and weren't going to get relegated. Cue a lot of our lot scratching their heads looking at their phones and then singing 'You're still going down, you're still going down, you stupid ********, you're still going down'. How did they miscalculate so badly to think they were staying up? A very funny chant they still makes me chortle recalling it.

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

No because that is a cup competition...not a competition where everyone plays everyone twice and the best team always comes top and the worst team always comes bottom. 

Is that the Champions League cup competition?

Archived