Derby County F.C. v Barnsley F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

Every one spouts about Warnock being brilliant at this level, ok but does this entitle him to be an absolute dick!

He's actually a really nice guy, I've met him a few times - he just annoys fans of other clubs, due to showing a perceived "lack of respect" in some interviews. But really I think that more highlights the level of entitlement some fans have.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Third best. 

Are Liverpool the second best (or the best, depending on the result) team in Europe?

Just now, SaintRam said:

Are Liverpool the second best (or the best, depending on the result) team in Europe?

No because that is a cup competition...not a competition where everyone plays everyone twice and the best team always comes top and the worst team always comes bottom. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He's actually a really nice guy, I've met him a few times - he just annoys fans of other clubs, due to showing a perceived "lack of respect" in some interviews. But really I think that more highlights the level of entitlement some fans have.

No that surely shows the lack of respect he has, basically he’s a self opinionated dick and has no redeeming features!

Just now, MuespachRam said:

No because that is a cup competition...not a competition where everyone plays everyone twice and the best team always comes top and the worst team always comes bottom. 

Fair enough.

But is it not also fair to say that the strength of a team changes due to the January transfer window, and Fulham who were absolutely not the 2nd best team before January, were the second best team after January. 

But, having lost so much ground before January, were unable to take their rightful position in the table?

I'm usually in complete agreement with you that a league is often the definitive indicator, but the mid-season transfers does offer some complexity to the meaning of "best team".

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Fair enough.

But is it not also fair to say that the strength of a team changes due to the January transfer window, and Fulham who were absolutely not the 2nd best team before January, were the second best team after January. 

But, having lost so much ground before January, were unable to take their rightful position in the table?

I'm usually in complete agreement with you that a league is often the definitive indicator, but the mid-season transfers does offer some complexity to the meaning of "best team".

I actually ready an article about it this week and some statistician had worked it out taking into account form, playing teams on form, transfer windows etc and came to the conclusion that to get a actual “the league doesn’t lie” conclusion that the league would have to be 38 years long.... 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

I actually ready an article about it this week and some statistician had worked it out taking into account form, playing teams on form, transfer windows etc and came to the conclusion that to get a actual “the league doesn’t lie” conclusion that the league would have to be 38 years long.... 

Aye that makes sense.

Well regardless of where anyone puts them in relation to Cardiff, they are by a good margin the best team left playing football. 

So all that's left to do is rout them.

And then the final, obviously. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Aye that makes sense.

Well regardless of where anyone puts them in relation to Cardiff, they are by a good margin the best team left playing football. 

So all that's left to do is rout them.

And then the final, obviously. 

They are the best team in the play offs....but we will smash them out of sight.

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No. It's a cup. Scousers are good with cups and hubcaps.

Archived