Derby County F.C. v Barnsley F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance, Barnsley were tragic today..... did what we needed to do. Preferred Fulham in Play Offs, if BJ can play like that on Friday and Monday then I’m happy he will have Cairney in his pocket.

3 hours ago, eddie said:

Trying hard to understand..... trying hard not to care.... sod it. Going for a pint and leaving my phone at home.

I took my phone, but where we went there was no signal. I stuck it out until we would have been well into injury time then went back to my car and listened to the radio.

Wow that was some afternoon of entertaining, attacking, free flowing football, great atmosphere, great goals, and 4 different goal scores, players hitting form at the right time, bring on Fulham I say, well done to Gary for going positive as well when Olson went off injured, and bringing on Vydra, we have the right manager to get to the prem if not this season then next, we are now starting to play some great football as well, counting down the days till Friday. Once a ram always a ram.

Fulham are a brilliant side, they'd fare in the Premier League far better than Cardiff.

I don't think I can recall three better oppositions in the playoffs than Boro, Villa and Fulham. I definitely see us as the weakest of the four in there. 

I think you'd have to go back to that Billy Davies season when WBA, Southampton and Wolves made it in terms of strength of the opposition. And look what happened there. We somehow made it up.

Easy day for Carson, Defensively looking better, why is Olsen still in the team? 

Looked so much better with Vydra. Top goalscorer and on the bench.

we’ve got the best goalkeeper, the top scorer, the best chant ( winnall) and the best keogh!!!!

were playing better now last 3-4 games 

bring it on Fulham!!

cant believe Cardiff getting 2nd all the teams that impressed me Cardiff were not one 

COYR!!!

Just now, David said:

We won though. Guess we were lucky again.

No not at all. The only lucky part and I don’t mean that in a disrespectful way, was Olsen going off. At 60 mins v Cardiff and today at 30 mins. That is our best team. A great balance of attack and defence. I have been proven wrong a 100 times a year and will continue to be. That’s why I’m not a football manager, but I am now convinced that “luck” is on our side. In complete contrast to losing Thorne and our shape we may have lost Olsen and gained better shape. Vydra must play though, if there’s one crumb of comfort in my vilification of Rowett. Vydra is just too good not to be on the pitch from the start. Apart from that I bow to his greater knowledge 

44 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I actually ready an article about it this week and some statistician had worked it out taking into account form, playing teams on form, transfer windows etc and came to the conclusion that to get a actual “the league doesn’t lie” conclusion that the league would have to be 38 years long.... 

Whats that famous saying about statistics? And how come folk only quote them when they are perceived to agree with them lol

44 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

22 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fulham are a brilliant side, they'd fare in the Premier League far better than Cardiff.

I don't think I can recall three better oppositions in the playoffs than Boro, Villa and Fulham. I definitely see us as the weakest of the four in there. 

I think you'd have to go back to that Billy Davies season when WBA, Southampton and Wolves made it in terms of strength of the opposition. And look what happened there. We somehow made it up.

Teams that finished 8, 9 and 8 points respectively behind Derby. Teams so good that between them, they lost 41 league matches.

I have no problem with Derby being the 'worst' this season, but in 2006/07, we were third on merit.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Teams that finished 8, 9 and 8 points respectively behind Derby. Teams so good that between them, they lost 41 league matches.

I have no problem with Derby being the 'worst' this season, but in 2006/07, we were third on merit.

That WBA team got promoted a year later and comfortably stayed up with roughly the same XI. I think Wolves got promoted a couple of years later too. And that Southampton team was really strong.

I'm not talking about league points. League points doesn't tell you the strength of a side. I mean, Cardiff got 90 points this season. No way is that side better than our McClaren team, or even Fulham.

They have performed better over a 46-league season, but that doesn't have any bearing on the quality of the squad.

Leicester didn't have a better quality squad than the rest in their PL season win, obviously.

Great atmosphere today and I can't remember the last time I could sit in the stadium with my replica shirt on and feel genuinely warm!

Some points...

Jerome fits the new formation a lot better.....he also looks visibly fitter and his goal was taken sooooo well..still would have preferred Martin over the season and esp in this formation but you can't have everything.

Lawrence had a frustrating afternoon other than his goal....fluffed a lot of passes and his corners were pretty awful....But I still like him a lot,he just has off days.

Vydra,what can you say,well done son.

Nugent,great to have him back but he needs game time so I hope he can be utilised through the playoffs,he's still a great striker.

Weimann,ran his socks off as normal.....

Barnsley weren't that bad,certainly the goal they scored was a cracker and at times their forwards ran rings around our defence...they should have scored at least one more goal.They certainly aren't the worst team I've seen this year.

So,into Fulham,a really good footballing side.....I'm hoping,however,that our sharpness up front,on the break is enough to counter them.

Garys,got a reprieve for the moment.....I'm still not a fan of our tactics of soaking up pressure,but it's been effective today,so with luck it might get us over the line.

Interesting times...(As usual for a derby fan)

6 hours ago, Doodle said:

What a negative ******* clown. 

6 hours ago, Doodle said:

What a negative ******* clown. 

So you think having the best player in the championship on the bench is funny? You must feel fookin stupid now he’s scored AGAIN and won the golden boot as well 

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Final post before I get blind drunk...

To all the pundits, punters and bookies that tried to tell everyone this was a banana skin and we would mess it up...

Go **** yourselves.

Yes that ex Forest man on Sky Prutton was one of them 

Archived