Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Boycie

Derby County F.C. v Barnsley F.C.

Recommended Posts

SUNDAY! 6th May 12.30pm.

Pride Park 

Barnsley arrive this Sunday determined to dig deep and get a win to secure their status in the Championship next season. They won’t want the chop.

Derby need just a draw to get a 6th place finish and secure a place in the lottery that is the play offs.

So, lots to play for from either side, I expect it will be end to end stuff with both teams going for it. Obviously other games will have a effect on ours also. If at half time Burton are winning then Barnsley will have to go for it, so it will be on a knife edge all game.  But all we need to do is not lose and forget about the rest.

Same team for me.

what’s word on d’street?

Share this post


Link to post

During our good spell this season, it looked as if we would never concede a goal. Keep a clean sheet and we're in the playoffs. As a team we have to get back to defending for our lives, no quarter given and none asked for.

Oh for a comfortable 3-0 home win to put us in good heart for the challenge that would still lie ahead. Come on you Rams!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

SUNDAY! 6th May 12.30pm.

Pride Park 

Barnsley arrive this Sunday determined to dig deep and get a win to secure their status in the Championship next season. They won’t want the chop.

Derby need just a draw to get a 6th place finish and secure a place in the lottery that is the play offs.

So, lots to play for from either side, I expect it will be end to end stuff with both teams going for it. Obviously other games will have a effect on ours also. If at half time Burton are winning then Barnsley will have to go for it, so it will be on a knife edge all game.  But all we need to do is not lose and forget about the rest.

Same team for me.

what’s word on d’street?

I see what you did there 😃

Share this post


Link to post

Seriously difficult game. Barnsley need a win, we need a point. The emphasis will be on them pressing, which I'm sure they will, and us not losing. 

It will be tense. I certainly don't expect us to win this comfortably. 

Share this post


Link to post

Oh dear...it has the potential to be another epic fail in the history of Derby County...Juventus, Real Madrid, Reading, Hull, and Barnsley. They beat Brentford at home last week after a series of poor results so they will be focused. So I predict a tight, dull affair with little between the sides. Probably settled by a mistake or piece of individual skill...I’ll be in my seat watching through my fingers...Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up strong, intoxicating liquor. Come 5pm on Saturday we could be sick as a parrot as it actually kicks off at 12:30 the next day so don’t be caught out...🤢

Share this post


Link to post

Barnsley needing to win should play right into our hands. 

Interesting looking at their recent games, they don't appear to have a settled formation alternating each week. The pattern would suggest they will line up 4-3-3 against us which should allow our wing backs plenty of space. 

v Sheffield United (H) 4-3-3
v Ipswich (A) 4-4-2
v Bolton (H) 4-3-3
v Leeds (A) 4-1-4-1
v Forest (A) 4-3-3
v Brentford (H) 4-4-2

I know Sunderland and Burton will be fresh in the memory, but so should Cardiff, when the pressure is on we have shown to be capable, pressure is on now, no room for we'll go again next week tweets apologising for their performance. This is it.

Derby 2-0 Barnsley, Jerome & Vydra

Don't expect to see any changes from Saturday, Vydra again coming off the bench after they have huffed and puffed for an hour. 

Be lying if I said I was looking forward to it, nervous already despite being fairly confident we will get the job done. Be it 1 game or 4 left in the season, every single one will be a nail biter. Was already on my toes v Villa, could get messy. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, David said:

Barnsley needing to win should play right into our hands. 

Interesting looking at their recent games, they don't appear to have a settled formation alternating each week. The pattern would suggest they will line up 4-3-3 against us which should allow our wing backs plenty of space. 

v Sheffield United (H) 4-3-3
v Ipswich (A) 4-4-2
v Bolton (H) 4-3-3
v Leeds (A) 4-1-4-1
v Forest (A) 4-3-3
v Brentford (H) 4-4-2

I know Sunderland and Burton will be fresh in the memory, but so should Cardiff, when the pressure is on we have shown to be capable, pressure is on now, no room for we'll go again next week tweets apologising for their performance. This is it.

Derby 2-0 Barnsley, Jerome & Vydra

Don't expect to see any changes from Saturday, Vydra again coming off the bench after they have huffed and puffed for an hour. 

Be lying if I said I was looking forward to it, nervous already despite being fairly confident we will get the job done. Be it 1 game or 4 left in the season, every single one will be a nail biter. Was already on my toes v Villa, could get messy. 

I'm very much looking forward to it. The performances against Cardiff, Villa and to a slightly lesser extent Boro have given me confidence. The new formation looks good. We look better defensively. The relentless negativity seems to be behind us. We look like we're hitting a bit of form.

And above all, if we can't beat Barnsley at home and we fall out, we deserve it, so nothing to lose really.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Draw will probably be enough for Barnsley, unless Burton pull off a massive upset, and it certainly suits us.. Could be dull. Although, Bolton play against nothing to play for Forest, so who knows. Game could suddenly spark into life pending results coming in

Edited by SuperDerbySuperRams

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It would be great if we could get ourselves in the playoffs and help Burton out in the process. This has all the makings of a banana skin but hopefully we have enough wise heads on the pitch to avoid another Reading-esque debacle.

Why do you want to help Burton out? Sooner they're gone the better.

Guaranteed 6 points for most of our promotion rivals, and 2 banana skin games for us each season cause it's their cup final. No thanks.

Preston and Derby both to win please.

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, NoLoRam said:

Why do you want to help Burton out? Sooner they're gone the better.

Guaranteed 6 points for most of our promotion rivals, and 2 banana skin games for us each season cause it's their cup final. No thanks.

Preston and Derby both to win please.

 

The fact we have completely arsed it up against them in recent seasons doesn't alter the fact that I like them as a club and would rather see them stay up than the clubs around them who have more resources in almost every department.

Share this post


Link to post
PistoldPete2

If we avoid a massive potential banana skin, when are the play off games ... first leg 11 and 12 of May I think... so we would be likely to be at home on one of those days? I do need to plan , but dont want to tempt fate!  

Share this post


Link to post
PistoldPete2
20 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

                         Carson
Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth Weimann
              Huddlestone Johnson
          Lawrence Jerome Vydra.

Don't 'do a Derby', Derby.

That's my team too.  Nuge, Palmer, maybe that young winger who looks like JAmie Ward (whats his name?)  on the bench too just in case.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.