Derby County F.C. v Barnsley F.C.

Boycie

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Is that the Champions League cup competition?

A cup competition where a team that hasn’t won their league in 27 years is competing against a team who has won a 2 team league 3 times in the last 15 years or so and both are absolutely miles away from winning heir league this season are competing to be “the best in Europe” ha

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
15 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fulham are a brilliant side, they'd fare in the Premier League far better than Cardiff.

I don't think I can recall three better oppositions in the playoffs than Boro, Villa and Fulham. I definitely see us as the weakest of the four in there. 

I think you'd have to go back to that Billy Davies season when WBA, Southampton and Wolves made it in terms of strength of the opposition. And look what happened there. We somehow made it up.

That brilliant they go into the final day with a chance of auto's and get walloped by a team near the bottom of the table.

Think it proved they are what most teams are in the championship, good on their day but beatable by the majority of other teams in the league.

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

What a great day out all round. Am still slightly bemused by one thing,

At one point after all the chanting at the Barnsley fans that they are going down, a goal went in somewhere and they cheered as if they'd been saved and were safe and weren't going to get relegated. Cue a lot of our lot scratching their heads looking at their phones and then singing 'You're still going down, you're still going down, you stupid ********, you're still going down'. How did they miscalculate so badly to think they were staying up? A very funny chant they still makes me chortle recalling it.

I thought they were doing that old 'lets pretend we have scored a goal' at first. Was very odd.

25 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

That brilliant they go into the final day with a chance of auto's and get walloped by a team near the bottom of the table.

Think it proved they are what most teams are in the championship, good on their day but beatable by the majority of other teams in the league.

73% Possession as well, yet this "brilliant" side did nothing with it. Win yesterday against a poor Birmingham side and they are waking up this morning with promotion hangovers, instead they will have had a coach journey home with a bunch of unused promotion t shirts and banners. Brilliant! 

And for all this Fulham would have faired better in the Premier League than Cardiff, I remember on this very forum Burnley would not carry their form into the second half of the season. They did, they went up. Next season they will be playing in Europe.

No extra points for style in the Premier League either.

Saying that, you have to fear for a club that spends £6m on Gary Madine, starts 5 games and now a Premier League player. 

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Not one for defending @Bris Vegas, but come on.

Fulham last lost on the 16th of December. 2 league defeats in nearly 5 months. Both away from home.

Not a brilliant team? Ok then...

What did they do prior to December? They were 12th in the table. Season isn’t 4 months long, starts in August. 

Brilliant run, yes. Brilliant side no. Only Wolves can claim to be that this season.

7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

A cup competition where a team that hasn’t won their league in 27 years is competing against a team who has won a 2 team league 3 times in the last 15 years or so and both are absolutely miles away from winning heir league this season are competing to be “the best in Europe” ha

Agree also "Champions" League does not have the same excitement as the knockout European Cup of years gone by. It's been diluted.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I thought they were doing that old 'lets pretend we have scored a goal' at first. Was very odd.

Saw on youtube someone had passed around the wrong info about other scorelines.

PistoldPete2
13 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Did you know that Morten Bisgaard is an anagram of Rams Gonad Biter?

No I didn't know that. Now I do, I will use this information on every possible occasion. 

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Does anyone know why JamRams second goal was ruled out? Can’t see a reason? Unless he was offside when Keogh took the shot?

He controlled it off his arm

10 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

What a great day out all round. Am still slightly bemused by one thing,

At one point after all the chanting at the Barnsley fans that they are going down, a goal went in somewhere and they cheered as if they'd been saved and were safe and weren't going to get relegated. Cue a lot of our lot scratching their heads looking at their phones and then singing 'You're still going down, you're still going down, you stupid ********, you're still going down'. How did they miscalculate so badly to think they were staying up? A very funny chant they still makes me chortle recalling it.

They were safe for a while at 12.57 until 1.52 .according to the news 

1 hour ago, David said:

What did they do prior to December? They were 12th in the table. Season isn’t 4 months long, starts in August. 

Brilliant run, yes. Brilliant side no. Only Wolves can claim to be that this season.

Over a season Wolves and Cardiff rightly take the plaudits as the best teams.  However as you point out, since December they strengthened in the right areas, allowing the young lad to move to left wing, brining in a forward and getting Cariney back to full fitness.

For the past 5 months they have been the best side in the league, and you have to look at the side that finishes the campaign now we have come to the play offs.  

That being said, if we perform to how we can, and get it tactically right we can still beat them....hopefully.

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Over a season Wolves and Cardiff rightly take the plaudits as the best teams.  However as you point out, since December they strengthened in the right areas, allowing the young lad to move to left wing, brining in a forward and getting Cariney back to full fitness.

For the past 5 months they have been the best side in the league, and you have to look at the side that finishes the campaign now we have come to the play offs.  

That being said, if we perform to how we can, and get it tactically right we can still beat them....hopefully.

They strenghtened with Christie that’s barely played, Targett who sounds like he’s injured now and Mitrovic that’s clearly banging in the goals. 

Like him or not, we have our own January signing that’s also finding the net and missing just one player that saw us 2nd in the table.

Only the one goal in the last game if we’re focusing on recent events only. This wouldn’t shock the football world if we went through.

11 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Loved the build up play to Nugent's goal.

To be honest with you I  thought we played some really good football on Sunday, thought our front players were on fire, and the lads who came off the bench looked like they had a point to prove, all very positive for Friday night. Gary has a tough job naming the starting 11 after the Barnsley game, but that's want he gets paid for.

48 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

To be honest with you I  thought we played some really good football on Sunday, thought our front players were on fire, and the lads who came off the bench looked like they had a point to prove, all very positive for Friday night. Gary has a tough job naming the starting 11 after the Barnsley game, but that's want he gets paid for.

Didn't think we were all that great in the first half. Looked a different team in the second up until Lawrence's goal. The game pretty much petered out after that apart from a decent goal by them.

7 hours ago, David said:

Fulham are brilliant. They're a completely different team to that one which started the campaign.

Mitrovic at CF is a massive upgrade. Matt Targett has been excellent and his inclusion has allowed Sessegnon to play further up the field, prompting him to become a player PL clubs are looking at buying for £40 million!

The return of Cairney, who spent most of the first half of the season injured. Such a vital player, the best CM in the league (barring Wolves who should never have been given the chance to have such good players).

Fulham are so different to the team which started the season. They're the best natural Championship side I've seen since Reading's 106 side and their starting XI now would be good enough to challenge for the top 10 in the PL.

8 hours ago, David said:

I thought it ended in August too. Or is that another team I'm thinking of?

Archived