Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

Just heard Gary's post-match interview. He actually said "we got into better positions." No we didn't Gary! We were outplayed and lost 2-1.

How does he keep coming out with the "better positions" comment? What does it even mean to get into "better positions?"

So infuriating.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett's time is surely almost up.

I would try and get Nathan Jones from Luton. A young, up and coming manager with attacking principles to come in and be given a long-term project that supporters can buy into.

Failing that, just go for a complete left field appointment from overseas.

I think that's what this situation requires.

Forget about promotion and get back to building a team, a club and a style of play around young players and some core values. Of course, expectations would drop. But it is much needed because the enjoyment and the intrigue of following the club has been replaced by an almost complete absence of feeling, so things surely can't continue as they are.

Jaap Stam. Dean Smith. Anyone who is remotely in the mould of Slavisa Jokanovic. Just someone who will get us playing the type of free-flowing, attacking football McClaren managed. Wait...what's Steve up to now, anyway? 

I will post now rather than the other end of the bottle of red I’ve just opened. That was a disgrace. A disgraceful team selection by a disgrace of a manager, a disgraceful formation and disgraceful substitutions. The most disgraceful thing however was his post match interview. He thought we were unlucky to lose and thought we looked good in that system . I’ve watched this team for 40 plus years and can’t believe how bad I feel doing so at the moment.  I have plenty of things I enjoy doing, this however isn’t one of them st the moment . This delusional manager, who has no concept of entertainment, no concept of responsibility and no concept of tactical nouse. Must go and go now . The atmosphere was toxic, aside from the first 19 mins. The reaction to Vydra’s substitution said it all. The players looked bemused as did most of the crowd around me. He has definitely lost the dressing room, the crowd likewise. I felt hatred towards him last week, this week it’s more pity. It can’t be nice being so far out of your depth, but not be graced with the decency to apologise for the mess you’ve created 

If Mel is thinking of sacking GR (and he must surely be considering it at the end of the season if we fail to make the Play-Offs?) when he does it, he can just make a few changes to the statement below from when he sacked Mac. I mean TBF most of it applies for GR and, if anything, this season's collapse has been worse.

The club statement said: “Since the turn of the year we have experienced a significant, unexpected and persistent decline in results, team unity and morale. Our form over the last 10 games would place us above the relegation group by goal difference alone. The 3-0 defeat at Brighton & Hove Albion on Friday, combined with Saturday’s results, means with nine games remaining the side is 10 points adrift of a place in the Championship’s top six.”

Morris added: “Steve is a great coach, we have very talented players and first-class facilities but the heartbeat, commitment, focus and passion has been lacking something fundamental. The Brighton game on Friday night was so far from what we expect to see from those wearing a Derby County shirt.

“To ensure we are on the right path, it is important to put the building blocks in place so we can develop a team we can all be proud of. Players should wear the shirt with pride and share, espouse and exude the qualities and values we believe are important to the club, its supporters and the community. We need a manager who shares our values and who is prepared to develop the team, staff and processes that will set us on course for a sustainable place in the Premier League.”

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Jaap Stam. Dean Smith. Anyone who is remotely in the mould of Slavisa Jokanovic. Just someone who will get us playing the type of free-flowing, attacking football McClaren managed. Wait...what's Steve up to now, anyway? 

If we decide to part ways with Rowett. The first thing I'd look towards is bringing in a director of football along with probably Dean Smith. Give them 2 years to drastically reduce the age of the squad and install a footballing style from top to bottom and focus on improving performances.

I'd  have Nigel Clough back here and give him some money to spend for a change. You never know he might just do a bit better than the procession of managers we have had since who have squandered a fortune to get us back to roughly where we were when Paul Jewell left  

24 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Rowett's time is surely almost up.

I would try and get Nathan Jones from Luton. A young, up and coming manager with attacking principles to come in and be given a long-term project that supporters can buy into.

Failing that, just go for a complete left field appointment from overseas.

I think that's what this situation requires.

Forget about promotion and get back to building a team, a club and a style of play around young players and some core values. Of course, expectations would drop. But it is much needed because the enjoyment and the intrigue of following the club has been replaced by an almost complete absence of feeling, so things surely can't continue as they are.

Firstly, agreed we can pretty much forget about promotion. Even if we scrape into the playoffs, Rammage was right, the gulf in quality between us and Boro today was massive and I couldn't see us progressing far.

Secondly, even if we lost all of our remaining games I can't see GR getting the sack.

Finally, Nathan Jones? An appointment like that would require a massive leap of faith.    He appears to have been nowhere except for Luton and only there since 2016.

Blah blah blah sack the manger. how boring, negative and predictable

bottom line is we were out played by better footballers. 

yep we are a bit old and slow. A result of a gamble considering FFP and a punt at hoping old heads and experience might just push us over the line (and actually that gamble isn't over yet )

the thing that maddens me more than anything is not lack of effort (which Gary has instilled well) but the lack of footballing skills.

where is the pass and move ? Where are the off the ball runs, where are the one two's ? Why do we move the ball so effing slowly.

Just not good enough for the next level. All entirely regardless of manager or formation. 

Boro were physical but they were skilled as well. Ref had a shocker, Curtis is a very very solid player, Lawrence showed flashes but nothing of anything from almost every player was consistent, good enough, or for long enough.

hey ho let's try and get something out of Cardiff, after all Billy Davis got us promoted with worse :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I don’t know when you started watching Derby but it’s been far far far worst than this.

It might have been worse. I just don't see a shining light in this team, I don't feel them trying very hard, and I hate the football. I find almost nothing likable about the team except from their badge. 

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I think the most worrying aspect of today’s performance was the fact that no one played particularly poorly on an individual level, but as a team we were well short.

Infer from that what you will.

I thought Vydra was dire

36 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I will post now rather than the other end of the bottle of red I’ve just opened. That was a disgrace. A disgraceful team selection by a disgrace of a manager, a disgraceful formation and disgraceful substitutions. The most disgraceful thing however was his post match interview. He thought we were unlucky to lose and thought we looked good in that system . I’ve watched this team for 40 plus years and can’t believe how bad I feel doing so at the moment.  I have plenty of things I enjoy doing, this however isn’t one of them st the moment . This delusional manager, who has no concept of entertainment, no concept of responsibility and no concept of tactical nouse. Must go and go now . The atmosphere was toxic, aside from the first 19 mins. The reaction to Vydra’s substitution said it all. The players looked bemused as did most of the crowd around me. He has definitely lost the dressing room, the crowd likewise. I felt hatred towards him last week, this week it’s more pity. It can’t be nice being so far out of your depth, but not be graced with the decency to apologise for the mess you’ve created 

You may as well have waited until you finished the bottle of red

Just got back. Heard the usual moaning on the train about the defence, particularly Forsyth. That's not where the problem is. Time and time again now our central midfield is overrun, outpaced and other teams are so much more mobile in the centre. We are crying out for a younger, better version of Bryson to partner Huddlestone in midfield to give us some legs and energy in that part of the pitch. We weren't dire, but Boro were better than us and they have a star in Traore, easily the best player on the pitch. If today wasn't a must win game Tuesday certainly is...just can't see it....

Archived