Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

People change their minds and I'm 1 of them. I was worried we'd lose him to Stoke and now I'm regretting the fact he stayed. He sold most of the fan favourites and replaced them with players who have past promotion experience and know how, but still we've dropped from 2nd to outside the play offs. 4 wins in 2018 (18 games) and playing some of the worst football since the Clough days (who had a much lower budget and quality team than Rowett)

Listen Cam you know I'm usually pretty reasonable - I'm by no means trying to suggest the second half of this season hasn't been awful but I'm really concerned that if we keep sacking people we might never find the one who works, expenses will keep piling up and the club will just collapse. 

I'm firmly in the camp of use GR's tenure to create some room to be able to invest in players again and then, if he's still not working out, look at making a change. 

I'm simply doing my best to try and take positives because I'm genuinely worried for the future of Derby if we continue the culture of getting a new manager every season or less. I'm more worried about our future down that path than our future if we give GR another shot.

EDIT: Do I kinda wish we'd just stuck with Mac (2)? Yes. But what's done is done.

Boro better than us all over the pitch. Serious changes are needed in the summer, yet again! The fact there are 3 games left and Rowett still doesn't know his best 11 is embarrassing. What frustrates me even more is when we were chasing the game today, the lack of players in Boros half and in fact the box was shocking. And can someone please tell me why we thought crossing the ball into the box would achieve anything today? Ayala and Gibson were bound to win everything, and did....

Just now, Stripperg-ram said:

Anyone there today can say that we played better in a 3-5-2? Is it a keeper? Or do we revert back to 4-2-3-1?

We huffed and puffed, however all the change in formation did was add another defensive player in. I think only one change can save us

13 minutes ago, ramit said:

And good on them too, hope they pull it off

The irony is that Nigel might need the gumps to do him 2 favours ( and us 1).

Archived