Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Think we will still have a mathematical chance wont we?  Depends what Millwall do next game I spose.

Unfortunately we can’t play for a maths prize if we could we would have Stephen Hawking who is dead old while our rivals would have Rachel Riley.....no I’m afraid it’s just pride left to play for and I ain’t seen that from this Derby team since December ?

I thought I heard Scott Carson say in post match interview that the players deserved a pat on the back (unless I imagined it). Strange comment, just shows that there is a massive difference in perspective between players and supporters. 

12 hours ago, fridge said:

..by the way I dont feel educated enough on Derby to get into the ins and outs of you current form but I cant dismiss your victory over us at the riverside as a fluke either, so if you manage to turn this around you will be a threat to everbody in the play offs.

? you’re just saying that because you want to play us!

1 hour ago, europia said:

I thought I heard Scott Carson say in post match interview that the players deserved a pat on the back (unless I imagined it). Strange comment, just shows that there is a massive difference in perspective between players and supporters. 

He actually said the "team needed a pat on the back". He actually used the wrong term. I took it that he was suggesting that the team was in a bad place at the moment and basically needed support and a big hug from the fans. He certainly wasnt suggesting that they should get a pat on the back for yesterdays performance.  Thats how I read it , anyway.

Just finished watching the game back:

- Really impressed by Tom Lawrence’s performance. Not a massive surprise to see him flourish in the formation he did so well in for Ipswich. Hopefully the 3-4-3 is here to stay so we can see more of this.

- Despite not being a wing back, I thought Wisdom played well. I still think he’d be much better suited to the right hand side of the back three though. 

- Huddlestone needs to go deep in this formation. Maybe as the centre of the back three? Italy used to do a similar thing with De Rossi. He really hasn’t got the legs you need to play in the middle of a 3-4-3. 

- Jamie Hanson. Wow. Great impact when he came on. Not been his biggest supporter but I liked what I saw in this game. 

- Nugent. Love the bloke, but if he’s our best striker then god help us. A new number 9 has got to be top of our shopping list this summer. That’s if there’s any money to spend ?☹️

On 22 April 2018 at 13:58, VulcanRam said:

They tried, they just couldn't catch him! Hanson came on and crocked him after about 30 seconds!!

That was really interesting wasn't it. .. Jamie just zipped forward, stuck his toe in to the ball, solid, hard, fair but above all quick and decisive. Kerrunch, not your ball mate.  

He doesn't always make great decisions but I confess to being a bit of a jamie fan. He's got some real youthful drive which we need in the middle. Start him with Hudds or Leadley .. Legs plus experience. Might work ?

29 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Huddlestone needs to go deep in this formation. Maybe as the centre of the back three? Italy used to do a similar thing with De Rossi. He really hasn’t got the legs you need to play in the middle of a 3-4-3. 

I agree but would go 3-5-2 and stick him in the Pirlo role

1 hour ago, jono said:

That was really interesting wasn't it. .. Jamie just zipped forward, stuck his toe in to the ball, solid, hard, fair but above all quick and decisive. Kerrunch, not your ball mate.  

He doesn't always make great decisions but I confess to being a bit of a jamie fan. He's got some real youthful drive which we need in the middle. Start him with Hudds or Leadley .. Legs plus experience. Might work ?

I have no problem with him playing at all, but we will need Huddlestone's defensive abilities and height against the aerial bombardment we will face tomorrow. And I'd say Ledley's know how will also be important against such an ugly (yet horribly effective) Cardiff team.

Villa away is more a game for Hanson I'd suggest.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

There's two of us?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing about Jamie is that he could be very good. I don't know enough about development of players -  but for me he has the following:

1) Good touch

2) Reasonable speed and is quick off the mark. He moves fluidly and deceptively 

3) Strong for his years and very good in the tackle.

4) He thinks "forward" and I reckon his passing is reasonably accurate for this level

The things I am not sure about are vision and decision making .. does he look up enough ? is he thinking 2 passes ahead ? Casn you coach that ? I just don't know but I'd like to see more of him on the pitch - a run of 2 or 3 full games including at home. 

16 minutes ago, jono said:

Thing about Jamie is that he could be very good. I don't know enough about development of players -  but for me he has the following:

1) Good touch

2) Reasonable speed and is quick off the mark. He moves fluidly and deceptively 

3) Strong for his years and very good in the tackle.

4) He thinks "forward" and I reckon his passing is reasonably accurate for this level

The things I am not sure about are vision and decision making .. does he look up enough ? is he thinking 2 passes ahead ? Casn you coach that ? I just don't know but I'd like to see more of him on the pitch - a run of 2 or 3 full games including at home. 

5) Cracking set piece delivery

Archived