Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

15 minutes ago, Waffle said:

Completely unrelated question to the topic.

What formation did we play with Lupoli and Barnes?

I'm out of this one....

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It would be a shocking record but I really don't think Mel would pull the trigger.

I suspect that in his heart he's not really expecting us to beat either Cardiff or Villa and the Barnsley game would effectively be a dead rubber.

With regard to Nathan Jones, I suspect you must have a special interest in Luton town to know so much about his approach to management. I agree that experience and past success is no guarantee to future success but, I think we'd be looking for someone with a stronger CV than someone who, I believe, has never managed above league 2 level.

For what it's worth I think we might scrape a draw against Cardiff, lose at Villa, beat Barnsley, finish outside the play offs and GR will remain as manager for the time being.

Time will tell if you are right. It’s obvious that Mel is trying to show more restraint, but what encouragement can he take from current performances?

Take Clough under GSE, he had the luxury of going on such a run and keeping his job because they were subscribed to a long term plan. I don’t see a long term plan with Rowett and Mel and that is why I don’t think Mel would lose any sleep over changing manager again.

Normally I would agree with you that we should aim for a manager with a better track record. But my fear is that anyone proven at our level and a stylistic match would steer clear of us, because when you weigh everything up on and off the pitch, the club looks a shambles, similar to the one inherited by Clough. Hence why I suggested a young manager with something to prove.

4 hours ago, jono said:

after all Billy Davis got us promoted with worse :ph34r:

Not so sure about that. The defence in that promotion team were pretty consistent as a group. We don't have a player with the skill and leadership quality Matthew Oakley in this team the physical presence and goals of Stevie Howard. OK we were a flop in the PL, but a bit harsh to criticise the lads who got us promoted. 

TobyWanKenobi
3 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Shamble results . It's happening all again :angry::angry:

Careful saying shambles. I said it a couple of weeks ago and a bunch of people who are in this thread jumped down my throat and told me to support the team better!

If any Forum member on here, at the beginning of the season, had suggested that the club would be more likely to succeed this season by getting rid of Chris Martin, Will Hughes and Craig Bryson, and instead selecting Cameron Jerome or David Nugent as our centre forward, and Matej Vydra as our only central midfielder, then they would have been called an idiot, and worse, with justification !

Guess what, this is exactly what has happened, and who is the idiot who has employed this ‘tactic’ with devastating consequences for the club ?  .. OUR MANAGER !! 

Post match Rowett complained we did not get enough players into their penalty area. Whose fault is that? Does he think team formation, tactics and training have nowt to do with that. It's been a problem most of the season. Our front players are isolated, and when players make runs the player on the ball does not spot it, 

6 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Did anyone else think it strange Hudds came off and Gary's last role of the dice was hanson?

My reaction at that point was that Rowett had given up on getting anything and was saving Huuds for Tuesday - no idea if that was actually the case. Only surprising thing was that Pearce didn't come on to try and limit further damage to the goal difference.

10 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

He did nothing , but he had poor service and was roughed up by the boro hit men with no protection from an incompetent ref.

The last few games I've thought Vydra has looked angry. He's been chasing lost causes, coming ever deeper to get the ball, and I may be reading too much into it, but he seems to be annoyed with his colleagues' collective lack of quality and effort.

5 hours ago, DRBee said:

Post match Rowett complained we did not get enough players into their penalty area. Whose fault is that? Does he think team formation, tactics and training have nowt to do with that. It's been a problem most of the season. Our front players are isolated, and when players make runs the player on the ball does not spot it, 

Presumably we score goals in training and to do that we venture into the box. I agree with Gary on that point at least. We played some lovely balls into the box  from the byeline first half (not up in the air ones) but players weren't committing by making the runs. Vydra particularly was not pushing on. Nuge tried but he's a yard too slow these days.

PistoldPete2
6 hours ago, DRBee said:

So why didn't jerome come on? Has he lost confidence in him? And who signed hero me in the first place. Rowett has Noone to blame but himself.

PistoldPete2
23 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Millwall have 2 tough games and we have 2 tough ones and one we really should (i know that hasn’t been the case recently). If we win that game against Barnsley we will be in the play offs and then its a lottery

keep the faith

No there's plenty of other teams in it now, one win from us will certainly not be enough. We need two wins. 

8 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Did anyone else think it strange Hudds came off and Gary's last role of the dice was hanson?

To be fair to Hanson; looked mobile, put a foot in and took the 2 best corners since Paul Simpson at the BBG. Whipped em in rather than Lawrence's floaters!

1 hour ago, metalsheep02 said:

My reaction at that point was that Rowett had given up on getting anything and was saving Huuds for Tuesday - no idea if that was actually the case. Only surprising thing was that Pearce didn't come on to try and limit further damage to the goal difference.

2-0 down and Hanson comes on for Huddlestone. Negative substitution ,damage limitation and throwing the towel in

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

No there's plenty of other teams in it now, one win from us will certainly not be enough. We need two wins. 

Sadly, I think this is a case of "be careful what you wish for".  Can you imagine the carnage if we did somehow manage to get our manure together and sneaked through?  This team - and club - is not ready for it yet.  For our own sanity, I think we need another season to sort the mess out before we contemplate promotion.  Top to bottom, the club needs to have a long, hard and most of all, objective, view of where we are failing and put a plan in place to address those issues, whatever they are.  One thing is for sure, things need to change.  With the dwindling confidence in the team from the fanbase, our gates will continue to slide and the toxic-ometer will go through the roof, making it even harder to achieve. 

At least with signs of a plan, we can renew some hope.

Fingers crossed.PNG

36 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Millwall have 2 tough games and we have 2 tough ones and one we really should (i know that hasn’t been the case recently). If we win that game against Barnsley we will be in the play offs and then its a lottery

keep the faith

Scrape into the play offs then what ? Get humiliated an extra couple of times in front of the nation by a well organised confident side. No thanks. Where's my beach towel ? This season can't end soon enough !!! 

Archived