Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

I said before the game that I thought we'd get comfortably beaten, but that I'd settle for some honest application.

We had a go so I'm not moaning, but we were well beaten.

The squad is wildly unbalanced, too old, too big and on too much money. Gary Rowett said he was going look for young, hungry players and he's done the opposite, largely as a victim of not being able to move on players he didn't want I reckon. As such a squad which needed a good pruning has got worse.

I don't know where we go from here next season, but my first thought is that I'd stick with the 3 at the back and I'd play Huddlestone in there. He can still ping his passes out from the back but he won't be so exposed. 

It was Lawrence's best game in a while (ever?), so there's something to work with. How about this for Tuesday...based on the idea of trying to get as much energy out there as possible...??

Carson

Keogh Huddlestone Davies

Wisdom Palmer Johnson Lawrence Weimann

Vydra

Jerome

If we could possibly win, the season is still alive. 

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TuffLuff said:

A cb, made into a makeshift rb made into a makeshift rwb and still has a half decent game...personally he’s our most underrated player 

I think he'd be a beast at centre back. We bought him on the back of his excellent stint with Salzburg, who played him at centre back. He has everything needed to be a centre back, pace, tackling ability, strength.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I think he'd be a beast at centre back. We bought him on the back of his excellent stint with Salzburg, who played him at centre back. He has everything needed to be a centre back, pace, tackling ability, strength.

He’s one of very few I’d keep to build this team around. 

Lawrence and Palmer are probably the others...

Rowett is actually making me fall out of love with football and Derby. I'm actually struggling to care anymore. The whole life and interest around football is just going. I don't think I want to watch another game whilst Rowett remains manager, because I just don't think anything will change. I'm bored. I'm bored of seeing us hoof the ball aimlessly. Before I hit complete apathy, Rowett, please just go.

On 15/04/2018 at 01:14, Simsy said:

We need to play our part and give our full support.

No boos no groans just positive noise. We ain't ******* it up yet let's as fans do our bit to make it uncomfortable for the opposition. 

Thought we did just that today. Well done everyone shame it didn't work. 

Battled quite well today against a quality Boro team.

However I thought Wisdom was poor and Weimann clueless when he came on, we need some youth in there.

It’s the Burton & Sunderland games that has screwed us up, can’t believe we still half a chance, I think we’ll do Cardiff Tuesday, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Rowett is actually making me fall out of love with football and Derby. I'm actually struggling to care anymore. The whole life and interest around football is just going. I don't think I want to watch another game whilst Rowett remains manager, because I just don't think anything will change. I'm bored. I'm bored of seeing us hoof the ball aimlessly. Before I hit complete apathy, Rowett, please just go.

But who comes in, I think there should be many more questioning the man who owns this football club....

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

But who comes in, I think there should be many more questioning the man who owns this football club....

Mark Warburton, Paul Hurst, Michael Laudrup are three names I can name off the top of my head.

It’s now reached a level of apathy I’ve personally not experienced before, I’m still in the camp Mr Rowett has to prove in the next games his ability or lack of to organise us for next season.

At present I have to be honest and say it doesn’t bode well, but the ball is well and truly in his court.

Gary go and prove to us you have a semblance of a footballing brain!

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Mark Warburton, Paul Hurst, Michael Laudrup are three names I can name off the top of my head.

Sorry, but only lapdogs are required.....

19 minutes ago, needles said:

I said before the game that I thought we'd get comfortably beaten, but that I'd settle for some honest application.

We had a go so I'm not moaning, but we were well beaten.

The squad is wildly unbalanced, too old, too big and on too much money. Gary Rowett said he was going look for young, hungry players and he's done the opposite, largely as a victim of not being able to move on players he didn't want I reckon. As such a squad which needed a good pruning has got worse.

I don't know where we go from here next season, but my first thought is that I'd stick with the 3 at the back and I'd play Huddlestone in there. He can still ping his passes out from the back but he won't be so exposed. 

It was Lawrence's best game in a while (ever?), so there's something to work with. How about this for Tuesday...based on the idea of trying to get as much energy out there as possible...??

Carson

Keogh Huddlestone Davies

Wisdom Palmer Johnson Lawrence Weimann

Vydra

Jerome

If we could possibly win, the season is still alive. 

Huddlestone won’t be exposed at the back? He’s slower than me and I’m 45

4 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Huddlestone won’t be exposed at the back? He’s slower than me and I’m 45

He's too good on the ball to leave out and he gets overrun in midfield. He's played there before in the Prem. With two other centre backs, I reckon he can do a job there.

Better tempo for a bit and slightly more desire. However miles away from a poor Boro side. Rowett’s has assembled this squad and took us backwards, fear for us next season. With Mels comments about reduced spending, an aging squad with existing contracts and not a great deal of youth to come through (when you take the rose tinted glasses off with the youth) I think it’ll be bottom half at best. 

25 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don’t know when you started watching Derby but it’s been far far far worst than this.

Archived