Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

My first time, any other situation and I’d try something more extravagant or sophisticated but now we all need to pull together. No matter what we think or feel undying love and support is what the team requires.

Let’s reach those ******* play-offs. Come on Derby.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So good you did it twice :lol:

I don't really understand the nuances of the various systems being bandied about and I certainly don't understand how any system means that a pro footballer loses the ability to trap a ball or complete a 5 yard pass, but I'd like us to try something like the following:

Carson

WIsdom      Keogh       Davies       Forsyth

Huddz                   Ledley

Palmer

Weimann       Vydra       Lawrence

In the above you could interchange Palmer and Lawrence as the latter seems better played in a more central role anyway and I also think Palmer could be effective on either flank - I'd certainly like to see him start a game for once! 

Alternatively we could go three at the back but if memory serves we tried that at one point today and immediately conceded, or did I imagine it?

Doubtless the Boro game is probably not the best one for trying out new and more attacking systems and for that reason I think there's not a chance in hell we'll see anything like the above. Today, however, we maybe could and should have. Heyho! 

Ashamed to say I’ve got that horrible feeling that I’d rather spend my Saturday doing something else.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ll still drag myself up there. But I’m looking forward to going back to work next week more than the football.

In fact, work is a welcome break from thinking about Derby at the minute.

No, Sorry, I've got next seasons tickets - had enough this season. Don't want to have another two matches that I have to drag myself to - and no way do I want another Wembley. knackered. 

13 minutes ago, 86 points said:

So good you did it twice :lol:

I don't really understand the nuances of the various systems being bandied about and I certainly don't understand how any system means that a pro footballer loses the ability to trap a ball or complete a 5 yard pass, but I'd like us to try something like the following:

Carson

WIsdom      Keogh       Davies       Forsyth

Huddz                   Ledley

Palmer

Weimann       Vydra       Lawrence

In the above you could interchange Palmer and Lawrence as the latter seems better played in a more central role anyway and I also think Palmer could be effective on either flank - I'd certainly like to see him start a game for once! 

Alternatively we could go three at the back but if memory serves we tried that at one point today and immediately conceded, or did I imagine it?

Doubtless the Boro game is probably not the best one for trying out new and more attacking systems and for that reason I think there's not a chance in hell we'll see anything like the above. Today, however, we maybe could and should have. Heyho! 

But as the saying goes “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” but...losing 3-1 to bottom and relegated side and 4-1 2 weeks ago it is broke so at least try something different. Keogh must come back, Palmer must start and it is last chance saloon but it could still happen. X

I think the main thing wrong right now is we're not playing deep enough. Start Jerome this game, and keep everyone else further back. When we pick up the ball, knock a couple of passes among our 9 man defence and send a high 80yd ball to Jerome. No more of this garbage 40yd short passing from Huddersfield - Pearce is our playmaker and we need to use him like one.

Rowett till I die.

Living on a limited budget I cherry pick my games not rich enough for a season ticket unfortunately. I've decided they won't be having anymore of my hard earned money good luck against Middlesbrough but I won't be there again this season.

Easiest game of the season for boro? Drop anyone who doesn’t give a **** imo...

Carson

Bogle Keogh Davies Olsson

Huddlestone Bird

Thomas Palmer Lawrence

Walker

If rowetts still In charge I might not even bother turning up, I’ve got a uni accommodation day in Leeds that I’ll have to rush back from to make it, may as well stay up there..

This game couldn't have come at a better time for Boro.

If Gary is in charge I expect damage limitation - after all, goal difference is important.

If Wassall's in charge I hope for some positivity and attacking play - and I won't be too worried about the result.

If Stevie Mac is brought back on a 2 month contract - then ill be extremely excited - the fairytale will be on - and I'm expecting a big win!

Carson

Baird Wisdom Keogh Hudds Hanson Thorne Ledley Davis Forsyth

.                                         Nuge

Yet another season defining game. Lose or draw and it's pretty much all over (probably the  Kindest thing, like a sick animal - put us out of our misery). Win and we're back in the play-offs. False hope will return, well until we lose at Villa and drop out again).

I have a season ticket and so does my boy Edward. I love the time he and I share at the football ...it’s a lovely bonding time.

Despite that, I’m seriously thinking of not going to the game next Saturday. It’s actually my birthday but I’m not sure I have the will power to sit through another 90 minutes of dirge. 

Sorry to bring the tone down. :mellow:

Archived