Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

Been caught out criticising the line-up before the game earlier this season, but...

If he really thinks he can’t fit Palmer and Vydra into the same XI, I’m ******* worried.

Tom Lawrence deserves a bit more leeway and patience from fans, he’s less experienced than people think but in no way do his performances justify a place in the team over Palmer.

Palmer has consistently been the most positive player on the pitch when he’s started, he’s effective but unwasyeful in possession. He’s not noticeably slower than Lawrence and even better than him with the ball at his feet.

If it’s fitness issues, then that’s fair enough but if Rowett is doing this tactically, I’m worried.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Been caught out criticising the line-up before the game earlier this season, but...

If he really thinks he can’t fit Palmer and Vydra into the same XI, I’m ******* worried.

Tom Lawrence deserves a bit more leeway and patience from fans, he’s less experienced than people think but in no way do his performances justify a place in the team over Palmer.

Palmer has consistently been the most positive player on the pitch when he’s started, he’s effective but unwasyeful in possession. He’s not noticeably slower than Lawrence and even better than him with the ball at his feet.

If it’s fitness issues, then that’s fair enough but if Rowett is doing this tactically, I’m worried.

Think he was working his way back from injury when he came, but that was a while ago.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Why Baird? Don’t understand what wisdom has done wrong? I presume Ledley isn’t fully fit, hope Johnson knows we play in white tonight... Bout time Jerome did something as well, least Vydra is back to help him out 

I don’t know why wisdom isn’t starting. I’ve nothing against Baird  just seems strange. Hope he plays a blinder tonight though.

To my mind, Rowett has made at least one odd/surprising player selection since the win against Brentford. Tonight, like buses, three come at once: Baird in for Wisdom, Johnson over Ledley, and no Palmer? If all goes well then I won’t be complaining, but again I find myself surprised at Gary’s choices. 

10 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Put him upfront, holds the ball better than Jerome despite his significantly lesser stature. Can’t do any worse than our strikers at the moment

14 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

If Rowett can’t fit Palmer and Vydra into the same team, then it begs the question as to why you would bother signing him. 

We did have a pretty severe injury crisis just before the break, some players are only just back, hard to be too critical of the lineup when we are unaware of individual fitness levels. This could be a who’s more fit plays team.

PistoldPete2
28 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Does Tom Lawrence have some sort of clause in his contract which says he can't be dropped? He's crap, and massively out of form. I'd put Palmer in instead of him in a flash even if it means playing him out of position.

That's harsh. He has looked lacking in confidence, not surprised with comments like this.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I fancy either of Keogh or Davies to score at anytime during the game at odds of 12/1.They're  both due one. That's a free tip for you, no commission charged. :thumbsup:

You can have a commission but if I don’t win you owe me my stake.

Not to me,pay via @Mrs Cone...it’s the Derby way?

Archived