Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

TobyWanKenobi
11 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Given our remaining fixtures this is a must win game as are the games against Barnsley ,Burton and Bolton.

Give over. There's still [insert number of games remaining here] games left!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Given our current form I am not optimistic of victories at Wolves and Villa, and we will probably struggle away at Preston too. Boro at home won't be easy  and nor will Cardiff which means the fixtures I highlighted are must wins. I guess 78 points should be enough for the play-offs.

2 hours ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Given our current form I am not optimistic of victories at Wolves and Villa, and we will probably struggle away at Preston too. Boro at home won't be easy  and nor will Cardiff which means the fixtures I highlighted are must wins. I guess 78 points should be enough for the play-offs.

Put these in match thread, tidy @mozza thread up so he can see the predictions easier. 

No game is easy, and Sunderland need the points as well, but for me this is a must win game, lose and our confidence, especially the fans will be shot, we have some tough games ahead of us, everything to play for, a exciting end of the season awaits us, for the record I think we will be in the playoffs, but I have been wrong before, what ever happens I will be behind Gary and the lads next season, as my famous words say, once a RAM always a RAM, through tick and thin, can not wait for Friday now.

As bad as Sunderland are/ have been, if we go into this game with the wrong attitude then we'll get turned over. I hope the players don't see this as an easy 3pts. There is no such thing in this division. There is added pressure on this one due to the fact we're expected to win. Win this one and I can see us kicking on and getting our season back on track. However if we lose confidence will be at an all time low and it will take some serious mental strength to recover from such a blow.

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

As bad as Sunderland are/ have been, if we go into this game with the wrong attitude then we'll get turned over. I hope the players don't see this as an easy 3pts. There is no such thing in this division. There is added pressure on this one due to the fact we're expected to win. Win this one and I can see us kicking on and getting our season back on track. However if we lose confidence will be at an all time low and it will take some serious mental strength to recover from such a blow.

To be honest I think a draw would feel as bad as a defeat.

TobyWanKenobi
14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

To be honest I think a draw would feel as bad as a defeat.

They always do. I feel sorry for those that celebrate losing out on 2 points.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Easy win 8-0..... can’t see how we can lose this one.

Well thats gone and done it now hasnt it.

The following is a plea.

What ever happens remember we are all Derby. The lads will be trying their best. Arrive at the ground as a fan not a critic. If things look poor encourage and dont berate. If you are listening in to radio Derby remember what you are hearing  isn't what's happening its a couple of critics interpretation and opinion of events which in my experience is usually inaccurate and overly anxious. Enjoy the game, support the rams and lets see if we can win the last 9 games. 

Steps off soapbox.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The following is a plea.

What ever happens remember we are all Derby. The lads will be trying their best. Arrive at the ground as a fan not a critic. If things look poor encourage and dont berate. If you are listening in to radio Derby remember what you are hearing  isn't what's happening its a couple of critics interpretation and opinion of events which in my experience is usually inaccurate and overly anxious. Enjoy the game, support the rams and lets see if we can win the last 9 games. 

Steps off soapbox.

You forgot to mention those watching on sky who may get swayed by sky over analysing every half chance or half penalty shout Sunderland get while not even mentioning Derby chances or cast iron penalty shouts.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The following is a plea.

Steps off soapbox.

If Mel ever employs a fans manager, in addition to GRs role as first team manager.. then you get the job.

Saldly 99% of our fan base will never read this and will have a good moan and grumble regardless.

Anything less than 3 points will be a disappointment for me, sorry, they are playing so shitly even their own fans can’t be bothered with them. They are on the ropes, confidence shot and players terrified of being the one to make a mistake that leads to a goal.

This is a fantastic opportunity to get a win and I believe we will. If he sends them out with the same attitude they had against Leeds, that first half was more like it, the game will be done and dusted by half time.

COYR ? 

Archived