Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m actually really glad that blatant penalty was not allowed. I really hope something like that happens in the last minute at Wembley. I’d love to see Warcock’s head explode!

What was BJ doing? Lol.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Lawrence has been a different player since Preston away. Where he has been playing wide. He was also at his best wide tonight. So I don’t get your point 

Also, in the first half Cardiff could have had multiple goals from the same ball. Olsson and Forsyth didn’t work and it won’t work. Weimann played much further forward than Olsson

10 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

This, 100%. 

Olsson was playing too much like a left-back. Weimann comes on and hugs the wing, giving Forsyth a bit of space to play. Fozzy looked much, much better when Olsson came off. 

Obviously, Vydra coming on had a big impact up top, but it did wonders for our shape that might have gone unnoticed. 

I ******* love that 3-4-3. 

Yes it wasn't working but due to the proximity of Olsson and Foz. Rowett has got to be working on that for the weekend as you're right as soon as Weimann slotted in the left wing back we looked a lot better going forwards. Our wing backs need to have the discipline to hug the touchlines. The 3 centre backs should deal with any crosses in to the box. 

I'm happy to give the 343 more time as it takes a while for a new system to work. Wolves spent all summer trying to get it right. Lets hope that it has been identified as our system going forwards and any players signed in the summer are bought with the system in mind with weak areas identified rather than opportunistic signings again (ie Huddlestone of last summer). 

Carson - did what he needed to last night, no chance with the goal

Keogh - like it or not, he is mr derby county, his passion is fantastic and was great.

Davies - seemed very assured and calm throughout, great captain

Forsyth- started terribly, clearly confidence shot. But second half he was a revelation once he had a bit of space and it was a sight to behold to see him charging forward.

Wisdom - I thought he was diabolical first half but again, showed great tenacity and ended up with I think 2 assists?

Olsson - let's not focus on the negatives

Huddlestone - didn't think he had a great game but almost recognised it himself and just focussed on his job

Johnson - much improved. Just did his job, get in the way, disrupt the opposition and hover on the edge of the box going forward

Lawrence - has someone given him a crash course on getting the fans on side? Some crunching tackles, looking more of a team player

Weimann - his end ball is god awful but he gives us something nobody else does - pace

Jerome - best game for Derby. I thought he was doing okay 1st half, but 2nd he was egging the fans on and kept going until his legs stopped working.

Rowett - one game doesn't make a season but fair play, that was brilliant. Give us games like that and the fans will back you to the hilt. Grit, determination, passion and fury is what we want.

DCFC - nothing new on this but please turn the music down prematch!!

Fans - loved it, where's the videos, I want to relive it!!

The players seems to be furious second half, they were like angry wasps buzzing around and MAKING THINGS HAPPEN. We have been too passive this season, not on the front foot with no cohesiveness going forward. That all changed last night and it made all the difference.

9 hours ago, curtains said:

Thanks .

Funny how the doom and gloom merchants about Rowett have all got egg on their faces tonight lol. 

No ones got egg on there faces mate...last night was good but it’s been crap so hopefully the performances will stay at that level ...realistically the formation doesn’t suit everyone but at least it seems to have given us a bit more energy....I thought Lawrence looks much better suited behind the striker ....hopefully this is the start of a good run ..Villa will be tough but we can do it and last nights performance has given everyone a lift ??

I’m still hoarse from last night ...that was so much better and what I liked was even Keogh was joining in the attacks!!! No one can say we didn’t deserve that last night ...am really buzzing for Villa now!!! COYR ????????

I don’t think any Rams fan would complain if we put that much into every game but interesting when watching Rowetts interview after the game saying about the age of our squad and midweek games ....I really liked Lawrence’s attitude  and work rate last night I think he’s really getting better and starting to feel at home which can only be a good thing ....

Now that's what I call a good evening out !

I'll tell you what . So called " Rowett ball " has nothing on "Lobbing Warnock" which is plain ugly football. 

We weren't perfect, passes went astray at times and 1st half confidence could have been better but there were 11 warriors out there last night. Great performance. Keogh at right wing was an interesting tactical ploy late on. It was one of those games where you think RK might make a great DM striding forward like Lampard.  Olsons is well off it and Fozzy is frail but maybe, just maybe after the final 30 mins the confidence is returning ? If ever there was an example of what we the crowd can do to help our boys then last night was it 

Johnson had a good un, really up for it, as was Lawrence. Their Goalie was excellent in denying Tom.

Davies very assured. Hudds pulling strings and keeping us together. Weiman is untidy but his pace and energy gave us something extra. 

They conned the ref so many times that we deserved the peno let off. Despite my misgivings about Jerome, he was perfect for this one. He ran and ran, worked and worked. Battered their CB's all night. MOTM for sure. He was dredging every reserve in added time. .. Just looked at the highlights of the goals. Such strength, two on him both times and he steam rollered them to finish well. 

Wisdom ? What about that for sheer dogged determination and then the classy cut back for the blond bomber. I don't think I have ever felt so relieved when no3 went in. Can you imagine hanging on for 6 minutes without it. !

Cardiff didn't strike me as auto material one bit. I hope we get them in the play offs. ... Would love to hear "Cam Jerome Jerome" to the tune of "que sera sera" in the next few days.

well played DCFC and well thought out Gary Rowett. 

Great night out. Enjoyed Warnock's sour grapes comment about us celebrating like we'd won the World Cup, that he trots out when his team loses an important match. Hoping we can use this to spur us on.

A few weeks ago a Brentford supporting mate told me of Russell Slade who complained they had celebrated 'like they'd won the FA Cup' after winning a pivotal match at Leyton Orient to overtake them for the first time en route to promotion to the Championship 5 years ago. It seemed to galvanise them...

Ok so I'm for the most part a proper soppy git, save for when I'm in fierce mode, when I'm obviously not. Gotta say nonetheless, it's a real pleasure to see a matchday thread after we've actually won a game running to 100 pages. Wherever the season goes from here, and nobody can know as yet, I think the lads gave something back to the fans last night in the passion and will to win they exhibited. I think the fans deserved that response from the boys and I saw a similar effort against Boro, though unfortunately, not the same result. Perhaps we've re-found our stride again and at just the right time. Whatever happens though, we have got a team that'll roll up it's sleeves and fight for the the club and fans. We know that now.or that's how I feel at least. I hope we can go on from here but if not,  it's not a total loss by any stretch and playing the new formation seems to preclude the rather lacklustre football we've mostly seen since Xmas. To me it's seems a brighter future than was the case even a week back. That makes me happy.

Love the 3 4 3. Hudds looks far better as the only sitting midfielder with more protection.  What I liked most was the confidence that Keogh and Fozzy had to carry the ball fwd especially second half, confident they were leaving 2 in. The interchange in the team was great and the players looked like they really enjoyed that side with more confidence and expression....COYR,s

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Getting that 3rd goal made added time fine but where did the Ref get 6 minutes from??? They wasted all the time so surely we shouldn’t of been punished for that if they had somehow got back into the game

Take your point @Topram but he could have added 6 hours - there was only going to be one winner last night ?

7 minutes ago, Topram said:

Getting that 3rd goal made added time fine but where did the Ref get 6 minutes from??? They wasted all the time so surely we shouldn’t of been punished for that if they had somehow got back into the game

I was hoping Cardiff would score with the last kick of the game and we won 3-2 sorry but £5 at 33-1 

Can anyone snip the highlight video to show the 2nd and 3rd goal + Wisdom's assists for him? I don't have the resources to do it at work. 

Before the yesterday's game, I've had the impression everything was falling apart for the club.

I thought Gary has lost the plot and the players aren't playing anymore for him.

The Playoffs were looking out of reach.

I didn't even want to watch a match.

I said to myself after all these bad results and sluggish performances lately, I didn't want to witness a another night of football torture.

But somehow, a miracle has happened. 

The dream of the Playoffs is still alive.

So may it continue further on.

15 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

As an aside - Kasey Palmer must be wondering what he needs to do to get a start.

When the manager is putting two left backs into the starting 11 before he puts you (arguably our most creative player) in there

\Not that any of us are complaining this morning..

Yeah, don't mind admitting that particular decision had me scratching my head but I think both he and Vyds were being protected a little. I hope he get's a shot against Villa though. Very tidy player.

Archived