18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

39 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Not seen any reports or anything but Oxford's manager Robinson said Oxford have agreed a fee for a midfielder and some of them seem to think it's Hanson for whatever reason 

I saw an Oxford fan asking what George Thorne was like on twitter yesterday. Can't imagine they'll be able to afford his wages though. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I saw an Oxford fan asking what George Thorne was like on twitter yesterday. Can't imagine they'll be able to afford his wages though. 

TBF I can't imagine GT is feeling in much of a position to demand big wages. The lad probably just wants to get playing again.

He knows he's going to need games to build himself back up to the level of the Championship and its unlikely anyone will give him a decent number of games at this level with how poor he is at his current fitness levels.

This is a 'press the reset button' situation for him, I think - regardless on whether or not the Oxford rumours are true.

11 hours ago, Rampage said:

If Frank signed another six players I would not bat an eyelid. 

I think, if we shift Vydra, then we'll be in the market for at least another 4 possibly 6.

We still need another keeper with some experience. Albeit to sit on the bench. 

We need at least 2 midfielders. Mobile. Quick. Ideally bigger than we have as potential to look light weight in there. Think possibly McGinn. Saville at Millwall. Maybe Billing from Huddersfield. 

Possibly we're still light something a bit more creative too. Wilson is skillful. Not seen enough of Mount to know. Other than that we don't have masses of guile. A bit of mystery. 

If we shift Pearce out I'd still be looking to bring in another centre back. I don't think we can rely on CD playing every game again. Failing that a left back. 

I'd also love Peter Crouch as an option from the bench. 

Not asking much really. 

15 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I think, if we shift Vydra, then we'll be in the market for at least another 4 possibly 6.

We still need another keeper with some experience. Albeit to sit on the bench. 

We need at least 2 midfielders. Mobile. Quick. Ideally bigger than we have as potential to look light weight in there. Think possibly McGinn. Saville at Millwall. Maybe Billing from Huddersfield. 

Possibly we're still light something a bit more creative too. Wilson is skillful. Not seen enough of Mount to know. Other than that we don't have masses of guile. A bit of mystery. 

If we shift Pearce out I'd still be looking to bring in another centre back. I don't think we can rely on CD playing every game again. Failing that a left back. 

I'd also love Peter Crouch as an option from the bench. 

Not asking much really. 

Peter crouch? Are you being serious? Guys is he being serious? 

16 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Only got 15 mins or so on Sunday. Just because he's tall doesn't mean you have to play long ball. 

Why do you suggest we get Crouch then? Is he going to sit on the Bench instead of Bennett? Thomas? Marriott? We have an over inflated squad already. We don't need Peter bloody Crouch. 

It'll just be the stifling the youth that we have at the club already....

41 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Why do you suggest we get Crouch then? Is he going to sit on the Bench instead of Bennett? Thomas? Marriott? We have an over inflated squad already. We don't need Peter bloody Crouch. 

It'll just be the stifling the youth that we have at the club already....

If you'd bothered to read what I wrote then perhaps you would understand. 

Bennett, Thomas and Marriott all offer similar styles and outputs. I'm talking about a Plan B... You know the thing we've been missing for the last 10 years. 

Doesn't have to be Crouch. After reading the trouble Swfc are in I'd look at Nuhiu too. 

31 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Bennett, Thomas and Marriott all offer similar styles and outputs. I'm talking about a Plan B... You know the thing we've been missing for the last 10 years. 

Doesn't have to be Crouch. After reading the trouble Swfc are in I'd look at Nuhiu too. 

Maybe see if Ormondroyd is still cutting the mustard?

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

For the wages he'd be on and the money we would spend on him, he would definitely not be worth it. The illusive plan B you talk about isn't something we have been missing either. It's mythical. 

Despite the fact he could offer something different t's not worth it at all, we should be looking to see what our youth players have to offer. Far too many times have we bought someone in that just knocks youth development out the window.

10 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

For the wages he'd be on and the money we would spend on him, he would definitely not be worth it. The illusive plan B you talk about isn't something we have been missing either. It's mythical. 

Despite the fact he could offer something different t's not worth it at all, we should be looking to see what our youth players have to offer. Far too many times have we bought someone in that just knocks youth development out the window.

Plan B is mythical? So we just play one way and if it's not working we keep doing the same thing over and over. Good luck with that. 

Archived