18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to see SK Brann play last night. They're in the Norwegian top flight, and play 4-3-3 like us. Two players really stood out: 

- Kristoffer Barmen (CDM): reminded me a lot of George Thorne. Tall, imposing, strong and really good at distributing the play. Everything Brann did went through him. Also went really hard in the tackle which the fans seemed to love about him.

- Frederik Haugen (CM): absolute class above everyone else on the pitch. Opened the scoring after about 3 minutes with a free-kick straight into the top corner. Got an assist for Brann's third goal, too. Again from a free-kick. He reminded me a lot of Kevin De Bruyne (I know, high praise indeed). He moved around the pitch so quickly like KDB and his passing was so quick and accurate. He will definitely get a move to a bigger European league at some point in the near future. Would love it to be us. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

This thread is a bit redundant really. No time to make suggestions, they've already signed! 

Least we arent over paying for players anymore. Like jon from chip shop was worth 5 mill to mel a couple of years ago. good to see were doing shrewd business

Just now, Premier ram said:

Be worth signing him just to see his missus in a Derby shirt

Ok ok I’m getting out of bed, what kind of offer do you propose as the more I think about it Crouch would fit perfectly in this team. 

27 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Be worth signing him just to see his missus in a Derby shirt

26 minutes ago, David said:

Ok ok I’m getting out of bed, what kind of offer do you propose as the more I think about it Crouch would fit perfectly in this team. 

Probably more likely to go back to bed tbh ?

Can we lock the thread please? No more signings, no more suggestions, nothing, nada. At this rate the changing room will start spilling into the hallways. Would someone please think of the children (and the army of staff it'll take to look after our super sized squad). 

9 hours ago, FrostedRam said:

Player Spot - I’ve just followed George Boyd down the A6, not saying there’s anything in it, don’t even think we need him. He carried on towards acorn way/ moor farm and not pride park.

Played today for their under 23s against us, that's probably why you've seen him. 

8 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I went to see SK Brann play last night. They're in the Norwegian top flight, and play 4-3-3 like us. Two players really stood out: 

- Kristoffer Barmen (CDM): reminded me a lot of George Thorne. Tall, imposing, strong and really good at distributing the play. Everything Brann did went through him. Also went really hard in the tackle which the fans seemed to love about him.

- Frederik Haugen (CM): absolute class above everyone else on the pitch. Opened the scoring after about 3 minutes with a free-kick straight into the top corner. Got an assist for Brann's third goal, too. Again from a free-kick. He reminded me a lot of Kevin De Bruyne (I know, high praise indeed). He moved around the pitch so quickly like KDB and his passing was so quick and accurate. He will definitely get a move to a bigger European league at some point in the near future. Would love it to be us. 

Was it an even game, or was it all Brann?

We seem to have done, on paper, some really good business this summer, and with a good few outs (loans and giveaways, and perhaps, just perhaps, a sale or two) no one can complain really about how we have gone about our business.  Am I being greedy though hoping for one more in?  Slightly worried about cover for Carson, and also perhaps the quality and durability of our right/left backs, but for me l would like to see one more midfielder to excite - whether that be a known performer like Woods or Bannan, or a player to further develop like the young lad from Coventry. Come on Frank/Mel. Please put a cherry on my cake.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

We seem to have done, on paper, some really good business this summer, and with a good few outs (loans and giveaways, and perhaps, just perhaps, a sale or two) no one can complain really about how we have gone about our business.  Am I being greedy though hoping for one more in?  Slightly worried about cover for Carson, and also perhaps the quality and durability of our right/left backs, but for me l would like to see one more midfielder to excite - whether that be a known performer like Woods or Bannan, or a player to further develop like the young lad from Coventry. Come on Frank/Mel. Please put a cherry on my cake.

The Memsahib wants Mel to put a cake on her cherry.

Archived