Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Hate singling players out,and I like a lot about Andy's game, but for someone who'd (apparently) prefer to be playing in the middle,I just don't see a natural finisher there. (and,again,I repeat I only listened to the game).

To say you knew who I was on about suggests I was only listening tonight too.

The game needed to be seriously impacted at about 60 minutes to give us a fighting chance while Wednesday sat deeper and deeper.  Leaving it until 83 minutes was a mistake from Rowett - needed Lawrence and Palmer far earlier.  In a game where we got into excellent spaces but never had end product or the tenacity to beat a man, it also felt like the perfect game for Lawrence, so the lack of introduction felt even more bizarre.

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Well the team prior to the changes deserved defeat sat. 

Didn't get it but it was probably deserved. 

Why does a certain number of changes deserve anything? Is there a "right" number?

The correct number = the changes made when the team goes on to win the game.

8 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Hate singling players out,and I like a lot about Andy's game, but for someone who'd (apparently) prefer to be playing in the middle,I just don't see a natural finisher there. (and,again,I repeat I only listened to the game).

Yeah he should have scored but he hit straight at keeper 

2 minutes ago, robglosta said:

The game needed to be seriously impacted at about 60 minutes to give us a fighting chance while Wednesday sat deeper and deeper.  Leaving it until 83 minutes was a mistake from Rowett - needed Lawrence and Palmer far earlier.  In a game where we got into excellent spaces but never had end product or the tenacity to beat a man, it also felt like the perfect game for Lawrence, so the lack of introduction felt even more bizarre.

Dropping Lawrence and then making a panic sub to bring him on would have made Rowett look a plonker in my opinion. Unless he’d scored of course. ?

seriously though, I think not playing Lawrence was the right decision, sends him a message that he’s got to step it up.

I do think GR left it too long Re the subs.

Lack of composure in front of goal is one thing but it matters little if you are conceding at the other end.

We stood off them too much in my view.

Why get CamJam to ‘bring us something different’ and then not use him from 60mins on ?.

Yes, , it’s but one one game but in truth this has been coming and I honestly do think that too much emphasis has been placed on the clean sheets and the unbeaten run,,,,, 

Liek Wiemann - like his energy and he’s a nice bloke- but his finishing ...??????

Average age of 30 tonight (29 on Saturday) with only 3 players under 30.  GR likes experience players. One of you most lively players against Norwich (Average age of 24) on Saturday (Palmer 21) once again started on the bench with Bradley Johnson ahead of him. I was surprised by this and can't see Chelsea being too impressed.

22 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Trying to keep positive - I never thought we were good enough to finish top 2 and at the start of the season I would have said that getting to the play-offs was a great result.

I think our luck has run out and more importantly teams have worked out how to play against us - I don’t think we’ve beat a team twice this season ?

Of course it just feels worse as we were looking good for 2nd place  and because we have faultered like this before.

15 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

What you mean one goal and one assist Martin and sick note Bent 

We now lack competition for the forward roles as Jerome and nugent will always play if fit with winnall’s Injury and they are both experienced and far from quick and simply don’t score enough and we let our best and most attacking wide player in Russell leave without getting at least an equal replacement . We now have options of Anya deemed not good which I agree with and wieman who has always been one to be disappointed with and Lawrence who is basically the most inexperienced player in the team 

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

To say you knew who I was on about suggests I was only listening tonight too.

Knew you'd be there tonight,Gritters. Trannie van? Going back to the subs issue, the one thing I'd agree with those calling for earlier ones, it seemed like Nuge might have lost a bit of his spark,and that Jerome might have come on a bit earlier. It seemed (from commentary) that he was trying to play others in when (as a natural finisher,that he is) he should have hit it. There again,as I said earlier,hindsight's a great thing,and in the past he'll have put others in and they'll have scored.

I've been around a long time,and with about 25 minutes to go I resigned myself to the fact that it was just going to be one of those nights,so poured myself a gigantic glass of red wine. I know I'm just as big a fan as when I was younger,because the nasty taste of defeat will linger all the way up to the next game (as long as we don't lose that fecker too!).

God, I've always hated Hillsborough and never saw us do anything there (and don't let me think of that wretched semi final). Still,that's football -it'd be boring if it were all plain sailing.

Archived