Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yeah he should have scored but he hit straight at keeper 

Did he miss a header too? I'm going to stop now,because the lad's a great trier and we didn't lose the game just because of his miss/es?

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

Watched it on RamsTv .

We were clueless .

My mate,  SlightlyEastHantsRam said the same. We were appallingly average he said.

But is that as a result of the changes? We've not been great for a while and some have thought that the injured players  (who came in tonight) had weakened us. So changing back to the recovered players should have made us stronger no?

Well we lost, first time for a long time, 14 games to go, all to play for, oh I bet some of you on here are happy, because tonight we had more shots on target, more possession, and made more passes, some posters on here will be pleased as we had more of the play, myself and Mr Rowett prefer the 3 points though, I am sure we will now go on another unbeaten run to upset some of you on here lol.

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Dropping Lawrence and then making a panic sub to bring him on would have made Rowett look a plonker in my opinion. Unless he’d scored of course. ?

seriously though, I think not playing Lawrence was the right decision, sends him a message that he’s got to step it up.

He'd made the point not starting him.  I'd have expected some serious hunger if he was brought into the action with us losing. 

6 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Agree...

01446B50-5AEA-4909-A1AE-568FFCA4D979.jpeg

Punished for our lack of composure in front of our own goal too poor defending from a side with so many clean sheets. 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We now lack competition for the forward roles as Jerome and nugent will always play if fit with winnall’s Injury and they are both experienced and far from quick and simply don’t score enough and we let our best and most attacking wide player in Russell leave without getting at least an equal replacement . We now have options of Anya deemed not good which I agree with and wieman who has always been one to be disappointed with and Lawrence who is basically the most inexperienced player in the team 

What I don’t get is while Lawrence has struggled all season why drop him now we have no other wingers in the team. Our corners were no better without him .. all pretty crummy .

4 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Knew you'd be there tonight,Gritters. Trannie van? Going back to the subs issue, the one thing I'd agree with those calling for earlier ones, it seemed like Nuge might have lost a bit of his spark,and that Jerome might have come on a bit earlier. It seemed (from commentary) that he was trying to play others in when (as a natural finisher,that he is) he should have hit it. There again,as I said earlier,hindsight's a great thing,and in the past he'll have put others in and they'll have scored.

I've been around a long time,and with about 25 minutes to go I resigned myself to the fact that it was just going to be one of those nights,so poured myself a gigantic glass of red wine. I know I'm just as big a fan as when I was younger,because the nasty taste of defeat will linger all the way up to the next game (as long as we don't lose that fecker too!).

God, I've always hated Hillsborough and never saw us do anything there (and don't let me think of that wretched semi final). Still,that's football -it'd be boring if it were all plain sailing.

I can never hear the words "Hillsborough" and "semi- final" without remembering Kenny Dalglish saying "Football is irrelevant now!"

The only thing that happened there tonight is that Derby were beaten for the first time in the league since November.

Petty isn't it?

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Seems fitting that they should put in a performance like that on pancake day...bunch of tossers. 

Start of Lent. Might need to start Casey;)

2 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

I can never hear the words "Hillsborough" and "semi- final" without remembering Kenny Dalglish saying "Football is irrelevant now!"

The only thing that happened there tonight is that Derby were beaten for the first time in the league since November.

Petty isn't it?

Of course,you're right.Very insensitive of me.

7 minutes ago, robglosta said:

He'd made the point not starting him.  I'd have expected some serious hunger if he was brought into the action with us losing. 

It's not about hunger though is it....he's struggling with his form at Derby not his motivation.

Perhaps this will put to bed the notion this notion about gr and man management...Lawrence has got worse the longer be has been with us and vydra and Nugent are slowly slipping away too.

6 minutes ago, admira said:

I do feel that Russell’s sudden departure at such an important stage of the season has affected us more than it should have. 

It’s a combination of things ... we had a better replacement lined up but that fell through ... the injury to Winnall and letting Martin go. Bringing in Jerome and Palmer I thought would improve us.. but not when you bring them on for five minutes of football each . 

Pathetic, spineless performance. Just got back, can't give a single Derby player a rating above 4, including Carson, who's distribution was shocking. Derby need to buck up our ideas, and fast. Bradley Johnson was absolutely stealing a living out there, no desire, no ability and he put no effort in. We'll be lucky to finish top 6 if we play like that for the rest of the season, it made sound like sensationalism, but it was really dire. I can't think of one positive. We were outfought by a hungry team, with players who actually wanted to be out there, instead of our overpaid ponces. Rowett needs to make subs substantially quicker, his sluggish changes hindered us tonight, as with other nights this season. Improvement needed.

Just now, Derby blood said:

Well we lost, first time for a long time, 14 games to go, all to play for, oh I bet some of you on here are happy, because tonight we had more shots on target, more possession, and made more passes, some posters on here will be pleased as we had more of the play, myself and Mr Rowett prefer the 3 points though, I am sure we will now go on another unbeaten run to upset some of you on here lol.

Not sure who you're aiming your pot shots at.

I don't think anyone will be happy with losing 2-0 to a team that hadn't won at home since Halloween. 

How did we do at all the things you've been very strongly praising Gary Rowett for? The remorseless defence,  the clinical counter attacks etc

We weren't very good tonight. We haven't been very good for a little while now. This is not a cause for celebration. But it needs to be acknowledged and addressed. 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

What I don’t get is while Lawrence has struggled all season why drop him now we have no other wingers in the team. Our corners were no better without him .. all pretty crummy .

Maybe he was just taken out of the firing line but I expect him to be back for the next game and the fact that most of our eggs are in his basket.

Archived