Johnny Russell - Signed for Sporting Kansas City

DCFC4LIFE
Message added by Day

Johnny Russell in the MLS updates > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28512-johnny-russell-in-the-mls/

27 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Anya could do the job, people talk about him on here like he is totally finished. He isn't a bad player and will work hard.

Quite right Anya is better player than either Russell or Weimann  pacy two footed can defend also a good crosser with either foot also works well with Vydra what's not to like 

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Anya could do the job, people talk about him on here like he is totally finished. He isn't a bad player and will work hard.

I think most would agree with you but there is clearly a reason why a good (utility) player like him isn't even making the bench. Contract gumpf or otherwise, the "fact" that he's finished isn't for footballing reasons IMO.

12 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I think most would agree with you but there is clearly a reason why a good (utility) player like him isn't even making the bench. Contract gumpf or otherwise, the "fact" that he's finished isn't for footballing reasons IMO.

Given that we have two days to sort a replacement out for Russell which I would assume is unlikely to happen we would be cutting our nose of to spite our face if we didn't use him if the need arose. 

15 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Quite right Anya is better player than either Russell or Weimann  pacy two footed can defend also a good crosser with either foot also works well with Vydra what's not to like 

Purely opinions but I can’t agree with you on that one

Love it when this youngster debate comes around again.

No matter how many loans they go on, they still never end up being theoretically 'ready' for the 1st team.

We seem to benefit best when we throw them in young eg. Hughes, Hendrick, Huddlestone (obviously not now).

Regarding Luke Thomas. I think the potential reward of giving him a small run of games far outweighs the risk.

Time and time again we see homegrown talent in this country being given a chance due to injuries and becoming pleasantly surprised. Top of this list being Marcus Rashford. A much lesser extent when Forest have given the likes of Burke and Brereton a chance. Sessegnon at Fulham. Maddison at Norwich. Maja and Asoro at Sunderland. These are off the top of my head.

49 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Usually you can get an intresting read from other fans forums and quite a few have noted Russell leaving and have expressed that he is one of our most exciting players and one that other teams actually fear and that we will miss him.

When you start to consider Lawrence and Weimann become our recognised wingers, it’s fair to say we start to look a little lightweight.

35 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

No matter how many loans they go on, they still never end up being theoretically 'ready' for the 1st team.

We seem to benefit best when we throw them in young eg. Hughes, Hendrick, Huddlestone (obviously not now).

Regarding Luke Thomas. I think the potential reward of giving him a small run of games far outweighs the risk.

Time and time again we see homegrown talent in this country being given a chance due to injuries and becoming pleasantly surprised. Top of this list being Marcus Rashford. A much lesser extent when Forest have given the likes of Burke and Brereton a chance. Sessegnon at Fulham. Maddison at Norwich. Maja and Asoro at Sunderland. These are off the top of my head.

When we threw Hughes and Hendrick in we had little to lose, we truly were mid table finishing 12th that season, our best hope of going to Wembley would be jumping on the wrong tube whilst on a day trip. Remind you of anyone down the A52?

Expectations are slightly higher now, we're now 2nd in the table with a lot more on the line, the potential rewards won't go away, if Thomas has it he will have it next season and the season after.  

For every homegrown talent that has pleasantly surprised you I can find you a Callum Ball at Barwell. 

30 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Signed him from Coventry.

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Usually you can get an intresting read from other fans forums and quite a few have noted Russell leaving and have expressed that he is one of our most exciting players and one that other teams actually fear and that we will miss him.

Can you put the link on here to Sporting Kansas City's Forum please :thumbsup:

59 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You'll have to take down all of your pictures of your hero JR now Sparkle.........:lol::lol::lol:

You really should stop writing on other teams forums ....:lol:

37 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

In my opinion, all loaning a youngster out does is show that they can or can’t play that role in that system at that level which you’d like to think the manager would be able to identify anyway. 

Imagine if we loaned Hughes out to the Steve Evans Rotherham side rather than giving him a go. Everybody would think he’s rubbish! 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

well I wouldn't refer to him as an upgrade on what we had and therefore is not good enough

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

I like Anya and think him a skilful player. Sadly when playing as a forward his final ball was nearly always a disappointment - he meanders around without delivering. He did have quite a few games to show what he could do.

All i'm saying is... At times we have carried the likes of Forsyth to give him match sharpness coming back from injuries and still got results.

After 2-3 games Thomas could be comfortable and smashing it.

If it isn't the right time for the likes of Thomas, we may as well scrap the academy for what it costs.

17 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

All i'm saying is... At times we have carried the likes of Forsyth to give him match sharpness coming back from injuries and still got results.

After 2-3 games Thomas could be comfortable and smashing it.

If it isn't the right time for the likes of Thomas, we may as well scrap the academy for what it costs.

You maybe right but can you really gamble with a lads career Nobody was seriously considering Thomas till JR decided to go  I drove up to Tranmere last Sunday morning with my wife to watch the lads and of course we all know what a talent Luke is But I might be wrong but I think we should hold on a bit longer with him 

I wonder whether he has actually been to Kansas City. Its absolutely miles from anywhere, freezing (like -20) in winter and very hot (+40) in summer. Grass is green for about 3 weeks between the snow melting and the heat baking it brown. Oh its also in Tornado alley. 

Archived