Johnny Russell - Signed for Sporting Kansas City

DCFC4LIFE
Message added by Day

Johnny Russell in the MLS updates > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28512-johnny-russell-in-the-mls/

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Too soon?

Really hope RamsTV do an exit interview with him, he deserves to say goodbye somehow.

It's one thing that I find really frustrating in football that as soon as a player chooses to move on, the club seems to move on, too - with one or two notable exceptions.

We have seen Russell play his last game for Derby,  may have seen Martin's too, not really aware of it at the time and no way to wish them well and thank them for their efforts.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

hope this move works out for you Johnny , always gave your all for the Rams , sometimes you were frustrating but you never hid , all the best , one of footballs nice guys

A bloke who works in the O2 Intu says he’s a right twa..... 

4 minutes ago, Redcar said:

A bloke who works in the O2 Intu says he’s a right twa..... 

Yes, I take all my character references from mobile phone salesmen :)

Always liked Russell even though he can be very frustrating , in the main fans and the club have treated him well, bit sad that he wants away so quickly as opposed to see the season out and give a real promotion push then move as a free agent but I suppose there’s risk of injury with contract running down ( don’t know if insurance would cover )

best of luck to Johnny and thanks for the hard work and being part of a very decent derby side , that said ,for whatever reasons derby is not where he wants to be now so time to move on 

Carson has tweeted this 

Kansas City initially arranged a special charter plane to fly Johnny out to the states.

They’ve since decided to cancel it at Birmingham Airport after watching him hop onto the wings on the runway, run up and down and do very little else...

#dcfc

2 minutes ago, Hinzy9 said:

This says a lot about the guy. He would rather go and play in a mickey mouse league at just 27 than tough it out and try and get into the best league in the world. Sums up most of his performances to be honest....gutless.

Really? Mickey Mouse League ? The championship is as much a Mickey Mouse league. MLS has some superstars albeit older, whereas the championship has John Terry. 

Its a bold move to go to a new country and he’s still in his prime. 

Well the reality is that Russell is our leading goal scoring wide man in fact our leading goal scoring midfielder he is also the only player we have that gets to the bye line from which we score from and one of the very few with any creativity A huge hole to fill 

17 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Carson has tweeted this 

Kansas City initially arranged a special charter plane to fly Johnny out to the states.

They’ve since decided to cancel it at Birmingham Airport after watching him hop onto the wings on the runway, run up and down and do very little else...

#dcfc

Parody account that is. Not the real Carson. 

Bit sad reading this thread when after a good few years of loyal service and we are close to the promised land, that J.R might not make it with us.

My heart says I wish it could have been in the summer, my head says he’s done what’s best for him coming to the end of his contract and I don’t begrudge him one bit for doing so. Four years sounds a juicy contract, really hope he gets adulation and reward over there.

Leave some great memories even if at times he’s been frustrating. Always put in a shift, always tried hard. Think he will still look out for the Rams too. So good luck J.R and thanks for those memories.

Have to say this seems completely odd to me. Maybe he’s thought, well if derby do go up unlikely I’ll get a look in, or maybe he knows the voodoo collapse curse is very much real and is jumping ship before it naturally sinks. 

Either way, good luck to him. I felt we needed another winger before this news. Definitely need a replacement before the transfer window shuts. 

Archived