Johnny Russell - Signed for Sporting Kansas City

DCFC4LIFE
Message added by Day

Johnny Russell in the MLS updates > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28512-johnny-russell-in-the-mls/

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the perfect world I would have liked Johnny to have stayed till the end of the season with the agenda of giving his last drop to win promotion and the knowledge that promotion or not he felt it was time to move to mls for him and his family but hey the world is never perfect and I will always hold Johnny in high regard as a derby player I very much took too 

A mate whose dog is mates with JR dog said he wasn't signing a new deal from Christmas. He had weighed up his options and with the players we had up top and he felt he was only getting a bit part in the team. He wasn't really playing in his favourite position so he decided to move on. So that is it, I think his agents worked on the move to MLS since Christmas.

1 hour ago, Half fan said:

I'll never forget a smiling JR hauling Uwe Rosler up off the touchline whilst the Wigan player who knocked his boss down simply walked away.

Almost compensated for the unexpected defeat.

Good luck Johnny!

Can't help thinking that with a name like Uwe Rosler he should be bending spoons.

its a shame Johnny didn't stay until end of the season to finish the job, our team has changed massiely since he joined and he has been in the heart of our team since. he has always gave 110% I hope it works for him and will always be welcomed back! (as a guest) as we are hopefully moving on to bigger and better players 

4 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

its a shame Johnny didn't stay until end of the season to finish the job, our team has changed massiely since he joined and he has been in the heart of our team since. he has always gave 110% I hope it works for him and will always be welcomed back! (as a guest) as we are hopefully moving on to bigger and better players 

I’d be interested in who you think would be better.

Archived