Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Interesting first post.

Especially interesting is that I can't find any announcement anywhere that he's not on it.

On The Debate: Danny Murphy, Gary Rowett and Dennis Wise

David Prutton will be in the hot-seat on Monday, with guests Danny Murphy, Henry Winter and Christian Purslow.

Scott Minto will then be presenting as he's joined by Liam Rosenior and Craig Bellamy on Tuesday, before Geoff Shreeves takes the hot-seat, with Ian Wright and Dennis Wise on Wednesday, and Tim Sherwood on Thursday.

Wednesday 10th

Geoff Shreeves, Ian Wright & Dennis Wise

Thursday 11th

Geoff Shreeves, Tim Sherwood + TBC

Friday 12th

Jeff Stelling + TBC

Is TBC short for Gary Rowett?

BBC Derby Sport‏Verified account @BBCDerbySport

FollowingFollowing @BBCDerbySport

More

We're expecting Derby County Manager Gary Rowett to sign a new contract today and therefore end speculation about a possible move to Stoke City. #dcfcfans #dcfc

14 hours ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Never concerned.

Gary strikes me as a very pragmatic man, who probably realises that a promotion accomplishment with a team that has failed under several managers will probably look more impressive than a survival on his CV.

If Derby's potential as a club can match Gary's development as a manager then I think he'll stay around. However if at any points he feels he's got more to offer then what Derby can achieve then he'll move on to the next challenge.

I would like to think that Gary's development objectives would go something along the lines of:

Promotion, Survive, Establish, Thrive.

At this point I would say the first three he can and probably will achieve at Derby.

This. You almost feel he's looked at Dyche, Howe etc and thought - I can do that here. If he went to Stoke he'd be another cog in the managerial merry-go-round at the bottom of the Prem..at least if he were to get promoted here and we struggle it'd be "promoted clubs always struggle".

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah I bet Rowett is loving the speculation - how much can he get on his new contract!

Yeah what a mercenary.- you'd never get Saint Steve McClaren hankering after a few more quid would you?

Speaking of your hero, you've still not answered my question from your Hull 'analysis' thread - why is McClaren still unemployed when there have been/are so many jobs going? Surely Stoke would be scrambling to sign him up? 

"But Derby have moved quickly to secure their manager, after he took them to second place in the Championship table. Rowett has 18 months left on his existing deal, which we understand has a release clause in it, so long as any potential suitor was to pay more than £1.5m in compensation.

It’s thought the new deal has much tighter terms, giving Derby owner Mel Morris much more confidence that his prize asset won’t be prised away for the Premier League, whilst also giving Rowett a significant pay rise."

From the SS Transfer Centre.

Archived