Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, I don't think he will go but I can see the temptation. Stoke is a workable commute so he wouldn't have to move from his current home. He'd be likely to be paid substantially more. I know Stoke are struggling but there are at least 3 worst teams than them in the premiership. Rowett is a confident man and if he was to go, he'd back himself to get them out of their current situation. Their chairman is also known to back their managers all the way. Let's just say that this was a normal every day job. It would certainly be tempting.

2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Totally irrelevant Stoke issued a statement saying they would only consider an experienced Prem manager  So you can bet theve already sounded him out 

Any chance you could post a link to that statement? Seen it referenced more than once but can’t find evidence of it 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

In all seriousness, I don't think he will go but I can see the temptation. Stoke is a workable commute so he wouldn't have to move from his current home. He'd be likely to be paid substantially more. I know Stoke are struggling but there are at least 3 worst teams than them in the premiership. Rowett is a confident man and if he was to go, he'd back himself to get them out of their current situation. Their chairman is also known to back their managers all the way. Let's just say that this was a normal every day job. It would certainly be tempting.

If he'd back himself to get them out, he should back himself to get us promoted. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

If he'd back himself to get them out, he should back himself to get us promoted. 

I understand your point but Stoke's project is a lot more further down the line than ours is. If we're were to go up, more likely than not, we'd be fighting against relegation whereas Stoke are usually comfortably midtable(this season being the anomaly) 

Gary Rowett has a brain, he's a clever guy, short term, long term, family, love, pride, passion, life, unity or greed and a quick slide down the football game of snakes and ladders. 

Up The Aberdeenshire Rams. There's only one Super Gary Rowett. And remember all.....eat healthy!

2vuh5xx.jpg

Rams fans to castigate Rowett for not rejecting Stoke job out of hand, failing to say that he hates chips and leaving his hatred of Staffordshire oatcakes unstated in 5....4....3....

Dear Mr Chairman

Please call the gaffer into the office on Monday morning, and ask him if he has any interest in the stoke job, if he says yes, ring me Coates and ask if there is genuine interest, if no tell Mr Rowett, if yes send him up and give a 24 hour deadline for an answer. End of story. End of drama. We cannot let what happened before with Macca happen again.

Derby fans aren't half a bunch of old women at times (apologies to old women). As said elsewhere, we want our manager and players in demand and speculated about because that means we're being successful. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen and let's go back to being midtable nobodies.

The bottom line is there's no point worrying about something we cannot affect. Some people have too much time on their hands and make up problems.

All that said, if I were running Stoke and genuinely looking at Championship managers to preserve my £100m a year Premier League status, it would surely be madness not to go after a certain Nuno Herlander Simões Espírito Santo. But I think for the sake of £100m I'd want a proven Premier League manager.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Derby fans aren't half a bunch of old women at times (apologies to old women). As said elsewhere, we want our manager and players in demand and speculated about because that means we're being successful. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen and let's go back to being midtable nobodies.

The bottom line is there's no point worrying about something we cannot affect. Some people have too much time on their hands and make up problems.

All that said, if I were running Stoke and genuinely looking at Championship managers to preserve my £100m a year Premier League status, it would surely be madness not to go after a certain Nuno Herlander Simões Espírito Santo. But I think for the sake of £100m I'd want a proven Premier League manager.

I agree. And apology accepted! 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree. And apology accepted! 

You're not fooling anyone. We know you're young and beautiful! :wub:

Meanwhile, MotD is on in the background and they just flashed up odds on the next Stoke manager (I think ten names on the list) and Rowett's wasn't on there. Nothing to see here.

30 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

Dear Mr Chairman

Please call the gaffer into the office on Monday morning, and ask him if he has any interest in the stoke job, if he says yes, ring me Coates and ask if there is genuine interest, if no tell Mr Rowett, if yes send him up and give a 24 hour deadline for an answer. End of story. End of drama. We cannot let what happened before with Macca happen again.

No no no. 

Mel asked Gary if he has any interest, and Gary replies 'I'll get me Coates'.

Here's the start of the betting on next Stoke manager:

5a5155018093e_NextStokeManager.thumb.JPG.5b1eaa08ffdb2f3f3f29b355c420e361.JPG

I didn't capture the entire list but if you keep going down on it all the way to Alan Curbishly or Bob Bradley (who?) at 90 to 1, one name not even on there is a certain Gary Rowett. If anyone is genuinely worried Stoke might poach our manager I suggest you get onto Sky and do a request a bet and put a tenner on Rowett at something like 100 to 1 and if it happens, at least you'll be a grand richer.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Graeme Bailey reporting that Gary Rowett is on the shortlist for the Stoke job, along with Martin and Michael O’Neil.

Mods - feel free to lock if this is not a credible enough source!

If the speculators of this story were to actually engage their brains momentarily and do some proper research, they would understand that GR would be taking a retrograde step moving to a club like Stoke City. 

Just taken a look at a few of their forums. A poster on one reckons that (drum roll!!!) Alan Nixon is saying that Stoke have already approached their first choice and are in discussions with their employer regarding his availability. They seem to think that means it's Martin O Neal.

Obviously I don't have any idea whatsoever if this is remotely legitimate, just thought I'd throw it out there...

Archived