Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at it the other way, what would it say about him as a person if he has started doing a good job somewhere then bails any time a better comes along immediately? Ditching a side 2nd in Jan hardly sings commitment. He goes to Stoke he going to bail there as soon as he wins a few games and someone like Everton comes in? Would they trust him?

If this came at the end of the season, and we had failed at being promoted, I'd be more worried. The optimist in me says that GR won't leave a job half attempted.

In the words of Mastermind, I've started, so I'll finish.

I'm not blind, Stoke (in spite of the club's flaws) is an attractive prospect. A decent run would see them safe, and a sound transfer window could see them stay Prem regulars. I don't buy this "but Derby is a bigger club" nonsense.

Nice to see Derby doing the right thing and offering a new contract.

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Expect his extension to be announced later today and that'll be that.

BREAKING NEWS... The Rowett’s are pleased to announce a new conservatory will added to the back of their house. This will allow the family to enjoy the splendid views of their garden even in the coldest weather their spokesman added.

Well, there you have it, he’s not going to Stoke. ;)

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

BREAKING NEWS... The Rowett’s are pleased to announce a new conservatory will added to the back of their house. This will allow the family to enjoy the splendid views of their garden even in the coldest weather their spokesman added.

just confirmed on sky

breaking-news.thumb.png.a2d59d86198f44ff1ce0c78ee7e43430.png

11 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Until the patio is confirmed I'm not convinced. 

Has the contract actually being offered been reported anywhere else? Are they repeating a previous report? With the DET they tend to report on rumours, twitter comments, a load of **** basically. When they have genuine, breaking news about the club, it's usually because the club have given it to them when it's close to happening.

For what it's worth [probably not much] my thoughts on the subject in no particular order .

Not really bothered if he goes or stays he's doing better than expected but in reality he's done nothing yet time will tell.

I don't think he will go anyway.

Brian Clough was the only manager to leave that was worth getting into a flap over [still gutted] 

Stoke is definitely a backward step in the prem or not.

Can't put my finger on why I'm not bothered .

14 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Gary is on 'The Debate' tonight, live on Sky. Starts at 10:15pm. 

If he's not signed a new contract by then, I'm pretty sure they'll ask him about Stoke. 

This will be an interesting watch 

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Supadupa said:

He now isn’t on the program..the plot thickens

Picking furniture for his conservatory?

6 minutes ago, Supadupa said:

He now isn’t on the program..the plot thickens

Interesting first post.

Especially interesting is that I can't find any announcement anywhere that he's not on it.

44 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

For what it's worth [probably not much] my thoughts on the subject in no particular order .

Not really bothered if he goes or stays he's doing better than expected but in reality he's done nothing yet time will tell.

I don't think he will go anyway.

Brian Clough was the only manager to leave that was worth getting into a flap over [still gutted] 

Stoke is definitely a backward step in the prem or not.

Can't put my finger on why I'm not bothered .

I’m surprised you don’t feel bothered about him possibly leaving KK. We’re sitting 2nd in the table and I don’t think we’ve totally hit our stride yet. I admit it took me time to be convinced that I would like his style of football but as the season has progressed I am warming to him. Give him a couple of windows to get the squad he wants and I think you’ll be converted mate. That’s if he’s still here. 

Oh and btw I still have nightmares about Clough leaving too. He was that good.

Archived