Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Owd miner said:

Do ya Fink Gary will stop putting 'F' in front of words that start with 'TH'?  its as bad as Nigel's erm erm

This coming from a grown man who is so concerned with identity in language he types likes he’s got lines in an old Hovis advert..! :lol:

On 7 January 2018 at 14:30, Derby blood said:

Great post, now this is no bull, my mate has seen Gary in the co-op in Allestree, and had a chant to him about the Manu game, Gary said he was very proud of the players at Manu, and said the Derby fans were outstanding, my mate then asked him if he was going to stoke, and Gary then replied No chance, but he sensed it was an uncomfortable question lol. Gary will still be here next season, no probs.

"We've got....Gary Row-ett, we've got Gar-EE Row-ETT ...aisle 23, ...by the....Corn Fla-kes". :mellow: 

Problem with this situation is that we've got no direct communication.

If only there was some sort of national media appearance lined up, where we could get Gary's point of view on the topic.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Whilst I agree, it really does open your eyes if you read their fans forums.

I personally think they have major illusions of grandeau, but they say the same thing about us given how long we have languised in the championship. It really is amazing how big you think your club is, if you have been in the Premiership for 10 years without much of a relegation threat in that time.

My own opinion of Stoke goes back to when I went to Uni near there, and frequented there. They had **** attendances, seemed to be a city which didn't care for football much, and half the city had an allegience to Port Vale.

Oh how times have changed.

Been having a read of the oatcake forum myself. 

My mums side of the family are from Staffordshire and are pretty much all Stoke fans. I’ve not seen any of them for a good few years....if they are anything like that lot,  I’m bloody well glad. About time they had a relegation or 2 to bring them back down to earth.

As for Port Vale, they’ve never had half the city, Stoke has always been the bigger club. Vale has the support of the people of Burslem where they are based, the rest of Stoke has always been mostly with Stoke City.

Archived