Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They’ll was a Derby County before Rowett and there will be a Derby County after Rowett... 

In some ways it’s the perfect opportunity for him in terms of low expectations/what he has the potential to achieve plus the added bonus of being local. I also don’t necessarily think Rowett leaving now would derail us too badly either (experienced squad etc). Sensible feeling would think he would stay here but football is strange sometimes, especially at Derby County.

Slightly concerned that if he gets offered a new contract over this though, I’d rather see the season or before even beginning negotiations there.

56 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

They’ll was a Derby County before Rowett and there will be a Derby County after Rowett... 

In some ways it’s the perfect opportunity for him in terms of low expectations/what he has the potential to achieve plus the added bonus of being local. I also don’t necessarily think Rowett leaving now would derail us too badly either (experienced squad etc). Sensible feeling would think he would stay here but football is strange sometimes, especially at Derby County.

Slightly concerned that if he gets offered a new contract over this though, I’d rather see the season or before even beginning negotiations there.

LOL. Subtle subtle ... from the Mcclaren lover. Nice try.

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

LOL. Subtle subtle ... from the Mcclaren lover. Nice try.

When was I a McClaren lover our ninos? Or is this your ‘everyone who doesn’t agree with me must fit into one box so I think im always right’ theory that lives in your head?

Just got an opinion, not everything has to be an agenda.

Lot of flapping on here but I'm confident Rowett isn't even considering the Stoke job. What I suspect is happening is a bit of chat behind the scenes about his contract that runs out at end of next season & in view of his success so far this year, Rowett would be wise to use his higher profile in the game to lever a longer & potentially more lucrative contract. Mel was obviously hedging his bets with the relatively short contract when he appointed him but now is the time to commit.

Not denigrating Stoke as a job at all (good chairman, decent squad & low expectations) but Rowett lives in Derby, has wanted the Derby job for some time & is potentially poised to achieve his first real bit of success as a manager i.e. taking us up. Makes no sense for him to leave.

Archived