Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

15 hours ago, plymouthram said:

My workmate (Baggies fan) stated at the time of the Hughes sacking that Rowett would go because they are a bigger club and they are in the Premiership. Well that was cheap talk, we match and quite often beat WestBrom's and Stoke's attendances. They could both get relegated this season. Who would be the bigger club then !

To be fair to West Brom, their ground only holds just over 26,000 so, even for their "big" games they're not going to get a bumper crowd. Even Stoke only have a capacity of 27700. A fact you have remember when we reel out the old "we get bigger crowds than x premier league clubs". Eight of them have ground capacities of less than 28000.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

If you want a laugh - Go here, start from about page 100 and enjoy the Stokies celebrating Flores' appointment :-)

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/275417/percy-rowett-emerges-serious-contender?page=100

I was particularly taken by this comment which appeared in the wake of MON turning them down :lol:

We’ve ******* Flores up because of money, surprise surprise, and now even a senior citizen and a psychopath don’t even want to manage us, we’re about as appealing as Anne Widdecombes cobweb covered gash.

Apologies for the profanity - clearly their forum doesn't have the same top notch swear filters that we enjoy here :thumbsup:

Think given the lambert appointment we can make the fairly safe assumption that our Gary really was the man they wanted as first choice?

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I was particularly taken by this comment which appeared in the wake of MON turning them down :lol:

We’ve ******* Flores up because of money, surprise surprise, and now even a senior citizen and a psychopath don’t even want to manage us, we’re about as appealing as Anne Widdecombes cobweb covered gash.

Apologies for the profanity - clearly their forum doesn't have the same top notch swear filters that we enjoy here :thumbsup:

**** me that’s the best thing I’ve read all year:lol:

Archived