Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Get the club to accept lower bids for Shackell / Anya / Bent etc and reinvest. 

He'll never be in stronger position to squeeze out a little extra money from the board. 

How much do you think clubs will offer for those 3 players?

31 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Get the club to accept lower bids for Shackell / Anya / Bent etc and reinvest. 

He'll never be in stronger position to squeeze out a little extra money from the board. 

There is no extra money. Mel is backing the club absolutely to the hilt. FFP limits notwithstanding.

12 minutes ago, sage said:

Haven't got a clue. It depends which clubs suffer injuries between now and 31st Jan and require a centre half / centre forward / utility player and need cover. Granted, we are not talking a lot of money. 

19 minutes ago, needles said:

There is no extra money. Mel is backing the club absolutely to the hilt. FFP limits notwithstanding.

Fair enough, I guess it's just loans if there's anyone coming in this January. Stoke might just turn his head. 

43 minutes ago, sage said:

Well Shacks and Bent will free Anya maybe someone take a punt at £500,000 if we're lucky afraid all three are sucking us dry and won't want to go anywhere 

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Lot of flapping on here but I'm confident Rowett isn't even considering the Stoke job. What I suspect is happening is a bit of chat behind the scenes about his contract that runs out at end of next season & in view of his success so far this year, Rowett would be wise to use his higher profile in the game to lever a longer & potentially more lucrative contract...

Yeah I bet Rowett is loving the speculation - how much can he get on his new contract!

15 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Well Shacks and Bent will free Anya maybe someone take a punt at £500,000 if we're lucky afraid all three are sucking us dry and won't want to go anywhere 

Yeah, Anya and Bent seem right a pair of proper w**k**s don't they? And Shacks is scum the way he doesn't refuse to play for the U23s.

Were you saying the same thing about Vydra and Weimann last season?

2 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

Slaven Bilic 1/20 odds on on Sky. Signed and sealed pretty much with those odds! And breathe.... 

Never concerned.

Gary strikes me as a very pragmatic man, who probably realises that a promotion accomplishment with a team that has failed under several managers will probably look more impressive than a survival on his CV.

If Derby's potential as a club can match Gary's development as a manager then I think he'll stay around. However if at any points he feels he's got more to offer then what Derby can achieve then he'll move on to the next challenge.

I would like to think that Gary's development objectives would go something along the lines of:

Promotion, Survive, Establish, Thrive.

At this point I would say the first three he can and probably will achieve at Derby.

Give Rowett a new three year contract with a further year option. Sort it in one weekend and have it done with. Just change the numbers in his present contract.

Rowett has got nearly everyone working hard and the players know that it is working.

If they do not turn up then they know that they are leaving.

Mel is keeping quiet because he can see it working.

Other teams in the League, apart from Wolves fear playing us and do not fancy their chances, home or away.

Only serious injuries can derail us this time as all the players know what to do and are prepared to do it.

We can no longer be bullied out of games.

If we avoid defeats against Cardiff, Leeds, Bristol City and Aston Villa then we will be promoted.

Good thing for us is that there are a lot of well placed teams that can beat each other.

We should aim for another 43 points to get  92 points - 20 more games, so

W13,  D4,  L3    or    W14, D1, L5

Have looked at the fixtures, even 88 points may do it if we do not lose against our rivals.

88 points is W12,  D3,  L5    or   W11,  D6,  L3

Most teams would settle for a draw from us if offered.

if we get 88 points then Bristol City or Cardiff need 41 or 42 points from 20 games. W13, D2, L5

Aston Villa would need 44 or 45 points from 20 games. W14, D2, L4

Leeds would need 45 or 46 points from 20 games. W14, D3, L3

We will see what we will see.COYR

14 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

They’ll was a Derby County before Rowett and there will be a Derby County after Rowett... 

In some ways it’s the perfect opportunity for him in terms of low expectations/what he has the potential to achieve plus the added bonus of being local. I also don’t necessarily think Rowett leaving now would derail us too badly either (experienced squad etc). Sensible feeling would think he would stay here but football is strange sometimes, especially at Derby County.

Slightly concerned that if he gets offered a new contract over this though, I’d rather see the season or before even beginning negotiations there.

Didn’t see how bad this sentence was when I wrote it. “I’d rather see the season out before the beginning of any negotiations”

There. Apologies, as you were...

8 hours ago, Rampage said:

Give Rowett a new three year contract with a further year option. Sort it in one weekend and have it done with. Just change the numbers in his present contract.

Rowett has got nearly everyone working hard and the players know that it is working.

If they do not turn up then they know that they are leaving.

Mel is keeping quiet because he can see it working.

Other teams in the League, apart from Wolves fear playing us and do not fancy their chances, home or away.

Only serious injuries can derail us this time as all the players know what to do and are prepared to do it.

We can no longer be bullied out of games.

If we avoid defeats against Cardiff, Leeds, Bristol City and Aston Villa then we will be promoted.

Good thing for us is that there are a lot of well placed teams that can beat each other.

We should aim for another 43 points to get  92 points - 20 more games, so

W13,  D4,  L3    or    W14, D1, L5

Have looked at the fixtures, even 88 points may do it if we do not lose against our rivals.

88 points is W12,  D3,  L5    or   W11,  D6,  L3

Most teams would settle for a draw from us if offered.

if we get 88 points then Bristol City or Cardiff need 41 or 42 points from 20 games. W13, D2, L5

Aston Villa would need 44 or 45 points from 20 games. W14, D2, L4

Leeds would need 45 or 46 points from 20 games. W14, D3, L3

We will see what we will see.COYR

I love your optimism but we've been here too many times before. We're only half way through the season and the chasing pack are very close. There is a long way to go before we can say we will win promotion just by avoiding defeat against a handful of specific teams. Look at the defeats we have had relatiely recently - Reading and Ipswich, both at home and both hardly setting the world alight in the league.

Archived