Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

“A little less conversation a little more action”

This is what I love about GR (and MM too). Say nothing in the maelstrom: just accepts Mel’s timely new contract offer. Gets on with preparations to pummel Birmingham. As we were ...

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If the bloke gets a pay rise every time a club comes sniffing, then he’s going to be a billionaire by Christmas...

Don't think that's likely.

It seems like his current contract was a little flimsy, with a release clause and junk. That's what will be being corrected. The payrise is probably just seen as necessary by the club to be 100% sure he'll sign it.

If from this point out there's no way for a club to get to GR except via Mel's permission, then that'll be that. He'll either just say no or it will be such an opportunity for GR that he'll say yes and GR will go.

2 hours ago, Ramekin said:

I’m surprised you don’t feel bothered about him possibly leaving KK. We’re sitting 2nd in the table and I don’t think we’ve totally hit our stride yet. I admit it took me time to be convinced that I would like his style of football but as the season has progressed I am warming to him. Give him a couple of windows to get the squad he wants and I think you’ll be converted mate. That’s if he’s still here. 

Oh and btw I still have nightmares about Clough leaving too. He was that good.

Agree with everything you've said  I am warming to him and the footballs better now, I just haven't bought into him entirely yet and as I say I don't know why.

Archived