Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

Pressing masterclass. 

Russell the only poor performance but scored. BJ functional. Everybody else exceptional.

First time I though “how ******* good is he?” about Huddlestone.

About time Keogh stole the ‘bauer’ suffix off of Bucko. Ridiculously good.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Great win ... CM The only blemish ... He was pathetic. One good defensive headed clearance otherwise looked like he just couldn’t be arsed. I think we may have seen his last appearance for us.

What does Rowett see in Martin that we don’t? lol

?  ? 

I’d ask yourself what you know about football if you are asking that question ?

I'm not really looking at top two, despite (barring Wolves) the evident lack of quality in this league.

I didn't really see us challenging for the top six. I actually thought we'd finish around 9th-14th but Rowett is doing an excellent job and without putting on too much pressure, we look like a genuine top six side.

It would be a major disappointment if we missed out on the playoffs given our current points tally at the halfway stage (even if we lose to Millwall, we're averaging a little over 80 points which is comfortably playoff form).

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'm not really looking at top two, despite (barring Wolves) the evident lack of quality in this league.

I didn't really see us challenging for the top six. I actually thought we'd finish around 9th-14th but Rowett is doing an excellent job and without putting on too much pressure, we look like a genuine top six side.

It would be a major disappointment if we missed out on the playoffs given our current points tally at the halfway stage (even if we lose to Millwall, we're averaging a little over 80 points which is comfortably playoff form).

I see where you are coming from, we are doing better than i expected. What pleases me is that we are developing a habit of doing what ever it takes to get a result, if we continue automatic promotion is still a possibility as teams with that quality get promoted, Brighton would be a good example of this.

anyway.......we won....COYR........YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS and breathe 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Cardiff are catchable, even if they win today.

4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’d ask yourself what you know about football if you are asking that question ?

He knows nought, a wind up merchant who ends up getting wound up himself.

Martin did fine, him and Thorne coming on settled us down and we were able to get the second because of it

Good game although we conceded a lot of possession. First half we hit them on the counter and should have had two early goals. The goal came as a gift from Villa probably an apology for signing all our potential transfer targets.

Second half we managed the game. Very solid limiting Villa to very few chances.

Huddlestone looked today how I  imagined him to be before he signed for us. Keogh was fantastic capped off with a fine run and assist to Johnny Russell to make the result certain. 

MOTM was a toss up between Keogh and Huddlestone. 

The good thing today was we showed that we were solid. I think this sends out a message to the rest of the promotion candidates. 

18 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I think you're going to be upset come full time of the Millwall game because I've no doubt he'll be brought on to either help us see the game out like he did today or to offer a different type of attacking threat to Nugent. After Thorne came on do you think Nugent would have been involved in that long series of passes involving Thorne, Martin, Russell, Baird etc that killed any Villa momentum? I don't, I think he would be looking to receive a ball down the wing. 

I’m not upset I’m delighted 

That move btw was all Thorne ... he was integral to each pass ... total composure ... as to martin, he again surrendered critical balls and then just couldn’t be bothered to hustle in for tackles that were a few feet away. Wasn’t that impressed with Nuge tbf - he looked tired from the start - a step off the pace. I was happy that Martin came on but his lacksadasical showing stood out from the other 9 who worked their socks off. What does GR see in martin that we don’t ?  ?  

Ask CM yourself. Did you try today Chris or couldn’t you be arsed? If he’s honest he’d tell ya. It was poor, even for him. He must have packed his suitcases already.

I call it as I see it. He don’t get a free pass sorry 

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Massive victory today by solidifying our place in the play offs. Unfortunately Wolves, Cardiff and Bristol City don't look like slowing down any time soon ? so we aren't actually reducing the gap much.

Just gotta keep plugging away and keep doing what we're doing. One of them will eventually hit a rocky patch.

Fantastic win. Didn't give Villa a sniff. We made them look awful and if you come for a draw, don't shoot yourself in the foot and pass it to Vydra on the edge of the box.

That 7 odd minutes of George Thorne was absolute heaven by the way. What a classy, quality player. Sign him up.

Archived