Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

What a ******* win! Injured myself celebrating that last one, a result hasn’t meant that much for a while!

Against such a strong attacking force, keeping that clean sheet was excellent. Special mention to Forsyth who I’ve criticised a lot recently but was so much better today, did an excellent job keeping Snodgrass at bay. Thought we exposed their makeshift defence well with the pressing we did, Nugent played a big part in that imo, he created panic in their centre halves, deserved a goal imo. Honestly think we deserved to win by more, their goalie played an absolute blinder.

Great to see we didn’t Baulk under the pressure toward the end, that second goal was vital. Last season we may well have conceeded under the pressue. We just have to keep going now, and try and establish ourselves in the race for the top two. We know what’s happened in previous years, we just have to make sure we don’t collapse again.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I’d ask yourself what you know about football if you are asking that question ?

I wouldn't bother taking any notice of his posts which refer to Martin  - the guy seems to think he's clever and has gained some sort of notoriety in the forum by his constant criticism of one of our players. Just embarrasses himself daily.

29 minutes ago, Ninos said:

When he actually tries I’ll back him up ... how he gets away with these performances and no one says anything is mind boggling ... it’s now standing in stark contrast to every other player. He needs to stand up and be counted. 

Worst fan in history

5 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Remember they were without Davis Lansbury Kodja Terry I think they will be up there come May But you can only beat what's in front of you and we played well 

Agree, they won’t be far off come may. Kodja would make them a far better side. Just looked a bit short of fire power today 

5 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Keogh’s always been good.

Some people were just wrong about him.

No, he's always been good with bits of average thrown in, but this season he's been consistently very good. He's upped his game. It's not that people were wrong necessarily, he's just got better.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Massive victory today by solidifying our place in the play offs. Unfortunately Wolves, Cardiff and Bristol City don't look like slowing down any time soon ? so we aren't actually reducing the gap much.

True, but we’re not falling further behind either.

They will also hit their bad spells at some stage.

50 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Call it as I see it. No excuses.

The ? is a tribute to Michelle ... a true fan who also calls it like she sees it. ? 

She might be a true fan, but she thinks your beautiful and she hasn't a clue about Chris Martin either, just like you, the pair of you, can call it as you see it, but clearly you both require a load more alcohol and probably a new sport to watch!  

Enjoy watching your Derby County footballers, I'm sure they enjoy watching you and Michelle!

22 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Rubbish

Why is that rubbish? He's got ripped to shreds by far worse teams. Fozzy isn't as good as people think he is and Olsson isn't as bad as people think he is. In fact it's fairly close between the two. Rowett obviously thought the same otherwise Johnson wouldn't have played there(who was brilliant)

On 10/12/2017 at 14:25, Doodle said:

Have you noticed how your match day threads have mirrored the result?  Thread 1 was a poor attempt, little creativity, entertainment and effort and sure enough the players delivered exactly that and scraped a 1-0 win. Thread 2 showed much more effort, attention to detail and was more clinical. The result a performance to match and 3-0 win. Coincidence? I think not and can only conclude Gary is using the match day threads as his pre match motivational message. This thread seems more workmanlike, not as creative as the last but still done it’s job. I expect a 1 or 2 goal win to follow, nothing outstanding but job done and move on. 

Don’t want to say I told you so but that’s just spooky.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Why is that rubbish? He's got ripped to shreds by far worse teams. Fozzy isn't as good as people think he is and Olsson isn't as bad as people think he is. In fact it's fairly close between the two. Rowett obviously thought the same otherwise Johnson wouldn't have played there(who was brilliant)

I never thought I would see the day where I agreed with one of your posts, but spot on on this :D

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

His form since returning has been patchy to say the least which doesn't surprise me but to say that today he would have been ripped apart if Johnson hadn't been playing in front of him is totally without any basis.

You say Fozzy isn't as good as people think he is - I've got news for you, your assessment of players isn't as good as you obviously think it is.

14 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

She might be a true fan, but she thinks your beautiful and she hasn't a clue about Chris Martin either, just like you, the pair of you, can call it as you see it, but clearly you both require a load more alcohol and probably a new sport to watch!  

Enjoy watching your Derby County footballers, I'm sure they enjoy watching you and Michelle!

Who's Michelle?

No, don't answer that- having just watched the video I don't want to know.

Archived