Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest my only negative today was I didn’t think Nugent had a great game as he buggered himself running around for 20 minutes like a headless chicken. It’s ok doing that, but there’s a smart way and a way that means your useless for the next 50.

Came away from that thinking how much better we are looking as a team (inc subs). We are starting to look balanced and each player has a role that makes them effective. Starting to look upwards if we carry on like that. Davies and Keogh immense, Huddlestone’s best home game and Johnson superb too ( Forsyth is twice the player with a property positioned player in front of him). Weimann looks the most settled he’s been at this club and I could watch Baird for 90 mins. He is a player you can tell has played at the top top level for a long time, a masterclass.

I bet Russell has some of the best stats at the club with goals/assists.

Finally, we played well but I think Bruce got his tactics wrong, tried pace against Baird rather than pressuring Forsyth? 

10 hours ago, DesertRam said:

If we win this, then I'm starting to BELIEVE ...

I believe nowe and eating humble pie. We look solid. And Keogh is king. Seing thorne at the end keep the ball was also an incredible plus. Villa mates are crying themselves to sleep tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I’m not upset I’m delighted 

That move btw was all Thorne ... he was integral to each pass ... total composure ... as to martin, he again surrendered critical balls and then just couldn’t be bothered to hustle in for tackles that were a few feet away. Wasn’t that impressed with Nuge tbf - he looked tired from the start - a step off the pace. I was happy that Martin came on but his lacksadasical showing stood out from the other 9 who worked their socks off. What does GR see in martin that we don’t ?  ?  

Ask CM yourself. Did you try today Chris or couldn’t you be arsed? If he’s honest he’d tell ya. It was poor, even for him. He must have packed his suitcases already.

I call it as I see it. He don’t get a free pass sorry 

No one gets a free pass, if I’m honest it wasn’t Martins best game but he came on and made a difference like Thorne did. There’s no need to get wound up about it.

Leave it at that, I’m sure you, me and everyone else is much more interested in talking about the whole game than Martin’s cameo.

1 minute ago, Harrowram said:

That’s a good crowd ... maybe a few half season tickets will find their way into Xmas stockings 

Keogh was immense today yet again. The "leaders" in the defence allows Keogh to focus on his own game. Before, he had to talk Christie through games which meant his own form struggled at times and Pearce also struggled because Olsson isn't the best defensively. We have Fozzy now so that isn't as much as an issue.

Maybe I'm being harsh on Christie but I really think he was a major reason why we've had a "collapse" in the last few years as our collapses coincided with his poor form. 

Terrific result.

lots of positives. Keogh was terrific. 

Villa look a good side. Grealish and adomah over loading on their left were a real handful but they lacked a no 9.

buzzin.

Nice little comment I've just overheard in the pub.

"If I'm honest I used to think Keogh was an absolute (c u next Tuesday) and I'd have ******* him off for nothing. He's been quality and I'm glad I was wrong."

Hopefully a lot of the Blame Keogh Brigade also feel that way.

Archived