Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blame Keogh crowd surely has vanished / imploded ? Keogh excellent (again!) Huddlestone and Ledley very good today, whole team solid. First half organisation of the whole team was excellent. Great performance and result and dealt with whatever Villa threw at us. Less moaning from crowd today! Enjoyed singing 2-0 down my lord, 2-0 down. Beautiful.

7 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Defence was an absolute 10/10. All 5 of them. Most confident I’ve felt in years with a Derby defence 

Agree, personally have to single out Richard Keogh, an absolute pivotal lynchpin to it, man of the match for me.

82 or 83 minutes gone, I looked up at the clock and thought...we're going to win. No panic, no doubt. I previous years, 1-0 up against a good side I'd have been bricking it.

The 'back 7' looked so assured today it was marvellous, plus we must have created 3 or 4 threatening position to every one of theirs and had all the best chances.

Steve Bruce reckons in his press conference there was nothing to choose between the teams and it just the few mistakes they made that separated the teams

Think he was watching a different game or auditioning for the job of positive spin announcer for the England cricket team.

I don't like clichees but this was a genuinely massive result. Confidence inspiring home performance.

Keogh immense and well supported by Curtis, Baird and Fozzie who overcame some earlier errors and really got in to the game. 

Great effort from everyone on the pitch. Huge intelligence from Vydra to stay calm when gifted the back pass and let Andy (he's a ram ) Weiman. Johny is the perfect impact sub. Nuge played well, of his two real chances I'd say the defender pulled off a worldy of a tackle and the header was very difficult to get on target which he did with some skill. I don't think he was headless at all, I think he made their CB's work !

weird number of ball control errors that you wouldn't normally see and then that fab little passage of play with GT... Like finding a new car hidden at the back of the garage under a tarp with the key in the ignition, press the starter and it fires first time, settling in to a luxuriant tick over full of expensive noises, a  synchronised hum of multiple cylinders, cam shafts valves just waiting to have its throttle blipped. 

This team can go places 

Just got in. Best game of the season in my opinion. Well should probably say most enjoyable game of the season. Both teams played some good football both sets of fans created a great atmosphere. 2-0 down my Lord was probably the loudest we’ve sang for ages. 

3 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Steve Bruce reckons in his press conference there was nothing to choose between the teams and it just the few mistakes they made that separated the teams

Think he was watching a different game or auditioning for the job of positive spin announcer for the England cricket team.

They're in trouble if those are his genuine thoughts. I always worry when managers don't seem to address, or at least see, flaws in their side's game.

2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Steve Bruce reckons in his press conference there was nothing to choose between the teams and it just the few mistakes they made that separates the teams.

I mean he's not wrong (well few is an understatement) but it's a dumb statement. It's like saying "my eyesight would be as good as your if I stopped staring at the sun". 

Played well today, defensively superb..... for saying middle of the Park was flooded, thought we had a lot of space.

Thought Johnson went under the radar a bit today, thought the way he pressed and harried, and in particular protected Forsyth was brilliant. Did the simple things.

This team is building up brilliantly..... thought Villa were pretty but with no cutting edge. Have to say Grealish is a player..... he’ll be gone by end of season.

Rowett so smart with his subs..... consistently impacting the game and taken sting out of a game and introducing more problems for opposition to consider.

Great stuff..... roll on the lions

18 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The attendances were being, ahem, fiddled last season according to Mel so maybe we're still having counting problems.

A lot missing in the south stand from what I could see. Some big empty blocks. Offset I suppose by a good Villa contingent. 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Great win ... CM The only blemish ... He was pathetic. One good defensive headed clearance otherwise looked like he just couldn’t be arsed. I think we may have seen his last appearance for us.

What does Rowett see in Martin that we don’t? lol

?  ? 

Will you just give over. It is beyond pathetic now.

Archived