Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaintRam said:

I'm sad Russell didn't square that last chance. Martin really needs a goal :(

Oh well - what a win!

Great win ... CM The only blemish ... He was pathetic. One good defensive headed clearance otherwise looked like he just couldn’t be arsed. I think we may have seen his last appearance for us.

What does Rowett see in Martin that we don’t? lol

?  ? 

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Great win ... CM The only blemish ... He was pathetic. One good defensive headed clearance otherwise looked like he just couldn’t be arsed. I think we may have seen his last appearance for us.

?  ? 

jqvKL4O.gif

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

?  ? 

He's a Derby player and has earned respect.  Did he piss in your porridge or something?

Just now, Ninos said:

?  ? 

I think you're going to be upset come full time of the Millwall game because I've no doubt he'll be brought on to either help us see the game out like he did today or to offer a different type of attacking threat to Nugent. After Thorne came on do you think Nugent would have been involved in that long series of passes involving Thorne, Martin, Russell, Baird etc that killed any Villa momentum? I don't, I think he would be looking to receive a ball down the wing. 

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

I think he might play Johnson today to add defensive solidity because Russell is naive defensively whereas Johnson is a reliable solid option. Forsyth will need as much protection today as possible otherwise he will get ripped to shreds. Russell is better when the game is stretched so it might be better bringing him on later in the game. Otherwise the same team against Barnsley

Looks like both myself and Gary Rowett were right

Just now, McLovin said:

Looks like both myself and Gary Rowett were right

As much as I appreciate being subjected to people self-tooting, I don't think you hit the mark at all RE Forsyth. He did fine on lots of occasions where he wasn't protected.

Well done on predicting Johnson was going to play though - none of us saw that coming! Must be what, a decade since we saw him in a Derby shirt.

Just now, SaintRam said:

As much as I appreciate being subjected to people self-tooting, I don't think you hit the mark at all RE Forsyth. He did fine on lots of occasions where he wasn't protected.

Well done on predicting Johnson was going to play though - none of us saw that coming! Must be what, a decade since we saw him in a Derby shirt.

The reason he didn't get ripped apart was because he had protection from Johnson 

Archived