Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

16th Dec 2017 

Pride Park 15.00

No frills, we need to beat these, they won’t come here to defend for their lives I wouldn’t imagine and do a Burton so we ought to be able to play some good stuff.

Prince William is a Villa fan, so let’s beat them and show him who’s King of the Midlands.

Will we be drinking claret on full time or have the blues?

what do yo guys think?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

16th Dec 2017 

Pride Park 15.00

No frills, we need to beat these, they won’t come here to defend for their lives I wouldn’t imagine and do a Burton so we ought to be able to play some good stuff.

Prince William is a Villa fan, so let’s beat them and show him who’s King of the Midlands.

what do yo guys think?

I suspect it may be us doing some defending and hitting them on the counter.

A bit of solid defending and some skill up front. Just the tonic for me.

Bristol City v Forest the same day, what's the chances of Forest doing us a favour if we can hit Bruce for 3pts and go 3rd?

Quietly confident although would be willing to take a point right now and move on to Millwall. Should be a decent game and a day to be clinical.

Weimann on form, up against his old club should be interesting, love to see him bag another.....or should I say the winner.

All eyes on Lawrence this week, hopefully nothing serious that a bit of ice, whiskey and rest won't fix.

Just beat them ,, don't care how ,, don't care about performance don't care about lovely football , don't care about possession,don't care about pass length or numbers ,,,, to have all those or some of those will be an added bonus if we just beat them .

just get out there and win

4 hours ago, David said:

Bristol City v Forest the same day, what's the chances of Forest doing us a favour if we can hit Bruce for 3pts and go 3rd?

Quietly confident although would be willing to take a point right now and move on to Millwall. Should be a decent game and a day to be clinical.

Weimann on form, up against his old club should be interesting, love to see him bag another.....or should I say the winner.

All eyes on Lawrence this week, hopefully nothing serious that a bit of ice, whisky and rest won't fix.

As long as it’s not the rubbish you drink he’ll be alright

It's the sort of game we tend to lose after getting ourselves into a good position in the division. Win this and I fancy our chances of automatic promotion. Having said that, a draw would not be a bad result.

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

16th Dec 2017 

Pride Park 15.00

what do yo guys think?

Have you noticed how your match day threads have mirrored the result?  Thread 1 was a poor attempt, little creativity, entertainment and effort and sure enough the players delivered exactly that and scraped a 1-0 win. Thread 2 showed much more effort, attention to detail and was more clinical. The result a performance to match and 3-0 win. Coincidence? I think not and can only conclude Gary is using the match day threads as his pre match motivational message. This thread seems more workmanlike, not as creative as the last but still done it’s job. I expect a 1 or 2 goal win to follow, nothing outstanding but job done and move on. 

This will be incredibly tough. Hard to predict, we just have to play our game and hope we’re the better team. One thing for sure though is we need to be able to play out the back better than we did at Barnsley, give the ball away as often as we did cheaply there and we will be punished. Forsyth and ledley I’m looking at you, don’t create more work than we need to- allow them to put us under pressure and they will score.

A draw would be great, a win would be massive. Yes, it's only 3 points but a 1-0 or 2-0 would maintain the current form run, be another clean sheet and would surely mark us as a very real contender for the 2nd auto slot. Perhaps the football is not as easy on the eye as some would like (some of it has looked pretty darn good to me to be fair!) but there's no arguing that we are becoming tough to beat and have discovered a cutting edge we've lacked for some time. Long may it last!

COYR

I'll always remember one chat with the player who used to play under Bruce.

"Steve is definitely one of the best motivators when things are going well."

What about if everything is not that rosy? I asked.

Long silence + uncontrollable laughter didn't leave much to the imagination.

So win could mean more than just three points. Maybe he could lose his marbles after a heavy loss.

Excited for this one. Six and a half hour train journey up on the Friday, heading back home on the Sunday. Hopefully Villa come at us which will allow us to counter. Quietly confident that we can get the three points, then there really will be some excitement building up...

I and 95% of this forum were happy to let Weimann go to Wolves in the summer before it fell apart. Gary (judging by his comments) was pretty happy to let him go too.

I take my hat off to him. Not really in the team until recently, but has grabbed his chance with both hands. 

Big game for him. I’m sure he will want to prove a point! 

4 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I and 95% of this forum were happy to let Weimann go to Wolves in the summer before it fell apart. Gary (judging by his comments) was pretty happy to let him go too.

I take my hat off to him. Not really in the team until recently, but has grabbed his chance with both hands. 

Big game for him. I’m sure he will want to prove a point! 

This is my number one positive on rowett so far , he has created an invironment where players who appeared to be worthless ( fee wise ) after coming in on biggish fees seem to be remotivated and are looking like the players we thought we had bought , look at vydra , now wieman , keough although in my opinion has always been a good player for us has gone up a level and even the haters/ doubters are giving him due praise , Baird much the same , Bradley has looked better , Russell is in the assists and goals again after a bit of a behind the scenes tiff? 

Before rowett came in most fans thought we had a pre clough situation with players to shift that we could not demand a fee for and hard to shift on their wages , now there's a lot that many championship clubs would love to buy ,

thorne and martin are the two main remaining players for rowett to get back on song Thorne looked to be heading in the right direction in his first start ,, martin is not there yet but there are cameos of his good link up play and you can see he is working hard and perhaps just needs a winning goal to go in off his backside , I trust rowett to do the right thing for the team with these two and if he does get both firing like they can and integrated into the squad situation then we are really going to be a force in this division and challenge for an auto spot

Archived