Leeds United V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phenomenal few days when looking at the scores only. Tonight we were more than turgid for 60 minutes. We got really lucky as well with their striker missing a glorious chance by a few inches when it was easier to score.

Weimann coming on was an excellent choice. It created space as their defence dropped now the threat of pace was on there. The equaliser came from going in behind. Too often players come short but goals come from getting in behind.

The final 30 minutes was excellent. Got forward, controlled the game and did well. Forsyth excellent, Wisdom decent, Keogh solid. Huddlestone poor for me. I'm even wondering if it is worth giving Thorne a start soon just to remind Huddlestone his place isn't taken for granted.

Still don't like the style but I can't argue at top six and wins, wins, wins. Well done DCFC.

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Is this really the same squad that fell apart against Brizzle and were outplayed generally by Sheffield - and that retreated to the bunkers to grind out a draw with Brentford?????

Astonishing turnaround.

Two words... Joe...Ledley...

Top 6 in Jan and he stays is top of my Christmas wish list. 

Just now, StockholmRam said:

Think you’re absolutely right here, no coincidence we’ve had a turnaround in results since he came in. Does the basics so well, and enables others to play their games.

Cant underestimate the competition for places it’s added as well, Johnson is fighting more for a place in the side because of his arrival, and Thornes return will mean Huddlestones days are numbered if he makes too many more mistakes as well. Competition in that midfield is key.

Well what a ******* night, my best ever experience as a Derby fan. Thought we were ****** at half-time, never getting back into it. Then up steps Fozzy, the man who has been poor this season, with a peach of a cross for Super Sammy.

Would have happily taken a point at that point but Tommy Lawrence does well to win the pen, up steps Super Sammy once again.

Clapping the lads off at the end of the game felt brilliant, and the chants of "ey ay ey ay ey ay oh, up the football league we go" made me dare to ******* dream of promotion once again.

Not rated Hudds this season but his passing second half was phenomenal, Weimman made a difference and Keogh class once again. But of course it's all about Super Sammy ******* Winnall. And yes I'm p****d.

Naaa na na na naaa na na na naaa na na na na na, Sammy Winnaaaaalll.

I love Sammy and I ******* love Derby County and this forum. Up the ******* Rams to the Premier League.

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Is this really the same squad that fell apart against Brizzle and were outplayed generally by Sheffield - and that retreated to the bunkers to grind out a draw with Brentford?????

Astonishing turnaround.

All since ledley went into the team and we had someone who knew what he was doing and filled space with purpose in midfield 

and as stated many times we are a very experienced squad!

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think you’re absolutely right here, no coincidence we’ve had a turnaround in results since he came in. Does the basics so well, and enables others to play their games.

Cant underestimate the competition for places it’s added as well, Johnson is fighting more for a place in the side because of his arrival, and Thornes return will mean Huddlestones days are numbered if he makes too many more mistakes as well. Competition in that midfield is key.

7 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Don't forget Fozzy.

Marching on together.

Just got to the pub in Wakefield and it's going to cost me with my Leeds mates, as winner pays but what a night. We well and truly ground this one out. Stood with dirties fans and they told me we were lucky but then concede we looked as strong a team as any to come to Elland Road.

Good defensive performance, Fozzy what a ruddy peach of a cross, Winnall couldn't miss. He proved his mettle with the penalty, that took balls but I never doubted it, looked confident and composed. Felt for Martin fed off scraps and so deserves a break. Thought Rowett might have got it wrong with Ledley but probably tiring, expected Huddlestone to come off, not knocking just wasn't his night but he will get other times to shine. As for Bradley Johnson, he's a beast :wub:

Played Leeds right time with few injuries, players out etc but who cares, time for some right royal p... taking. Oh and play offs, we keep grinding results like this, nothing impossible, even automatics.

31 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Wasn’t there a thread predicting our next sequence of games and did anyone say

Forest (h) Win

Sheff w (h) Win

Norwich (a) Win

Leeds (a) Win

Doubt it 

Check the prediction league. All four exact scores correct, although I only got FRGS on the first two.

Leeds United head coach Thomas Christiansen reckons he knows what his side need to do to beat Derby County this evening.

Christiansen, whose side were beaten 2-1 in their last game by Sheffield United, was asked what needs to change ahead of the Championship clash at Elland Road. His reply? "Score the first goal."

?

Archived