Leeds United V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to hear GR's thoughts on the game. He picked up on how we thought that Huddlestone was fouled in the lead up to their goal. This was something that I noticed, but not mentioned any where else. Their player seems to kick the back of Huddlestone 's foot and not play the ball.

7 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Hahahaha they ain't happy. 

Can clearly see why the ref did not give them a penalty. The Leeds lad throws himself to the ground. Far too spectacular. If I recall, Leeds have form when it comes to simulation. Remember the incident with Johnny Russell a couple of seasons back? 

Anyway, good call from the ref. 

12 hours ago, Andicis said:

Agree fully here. Huddlestone made a mistake for the first goal, sure, but without his pass we don't score our first either. He was also key in aerial battles and in defending, so I don't think the criticism is justified, I see it as a witch hunt. As for Weimann, he did a good job as ever of stretching the play. The man is just a bundle of energy. 

yeah but come on it was Halloween. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Can clearly see why the ref did not give them a penalty. The Leeds lad throws himself to the ground. Far too spectacular. If I recall, Leeds have form when it comes to simulation. Remember the incident with Johnny Russell a couple of seasons back? 

Anyway, good call from the ref. 

What about the other one? ?

3 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Ledley is a fine player who is very good at making and receiving passes in midfield, but I thought he was a bit of a luxury last night. It was only when Weimann came on that we really started to run at them and put them under pressure.

GR obviously thought the same.  A positive, pro-active substitution...

Great win, i always enjoy beating the weeds (its a 70's thing) and some good performances from our lads too, but just a mention about their lad Samuel Saiz, what a find he is,busy with real quality,(sadly on a 4yr deal) and the kind of player we need to unearth in Jan... just saying :)

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Has he. Thought he'd made  7 or 8 from his last 10 which is rather different but don't let that stop you having a wee bitch at the lad, eh! 

Hardly trying to have a bitch at Martin, I think he’s an excellent player, my point was criticising the quite bizzare post claiming he should have taken it despite the fact we scored! Why would I go on a witch hunt about one of our best strikers this century?! If you want statistics he’s missed 5 of his last 10 penalty’s.

If you want to portray me as an out of control Martin basher then suit yourself, I only criticised an aspect of his game like I would any other player. A great all round player Martin is, he is still a s*** penalty taker. It’s that simple. Been plenty of good players in the past who are s*** penalty takers, Lionel Messi is the greatest ever and he ain’t that great at them. Just the way it is, so he shouldn’t be anywhere near them imo as it could have cost us 2 points last night

Archived