Leeds United V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back - absolutely buzzing especially as I never saw it coming

First half - pretty insipid. Got into some decent positions but moves kept breaking down particularly with Johnson & Lawrence. Winnall did a decent job holding up the ball but didn't get much help. Huddlestone was very ponderous (most of the night actually) - a lad that size should not be shoved off the ball like he was for their goal. And from where I was sat, I have no idea how the ref didn't give a penalty for the shove by Wisdom. Looked nailed on.

Second half, were subdued for first 15 mins then suddenly we cottoned onto their weakness from diagonal balls & started unlocking them time & time again. Just before Winnall's equaliser, Martin was inches away from a superb cross so they'd had a warning. Our penalty looked very very soft & outside the box too I thought but we'll take it.

Overall, a pretty ordinary show until the last 30 mins but was really impressed by how easily we saw out the last 10 mins & how we dragged ourselves back into the match. Elland Road was bouncing at that point & we just honed into their weakness & exploited it ruthlessly. They also had very few chances. A very professional performance & a bloody good result.

p.s. Sammy Winnall - great man, great song!!

40 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Leeds United head coach Thomas Christiansen reckons he knows what his side need to do to beat Derby County this evening.

Christiansen, whose side were beaten 2-1 in their last game by Sheffield United, was asked what needs to change ahead of the Championship clash at Elland Road. His reply? "Score the first goal."

?

Tactical genius 

3 minutes ago, Leon the ram 2009 said:

I am so glad he didn’t, I honestly believe that game would have ended 1-1 if he had

Or maybe give him something to lift his confidence up tbf.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Did winnal miss?

No but I want Martin to take it he deserve to give a another chance though. 

#TeamMartin 

59 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Shades of Billy Davies' (spit) '06 team?

Great results this week.

Brilliant!

go up and see if we can get 12 points this time :lol:

Archived