Leeds United V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paul71 said:

What's Ramage on about? Nugent at home Ill 'allegedly'...why say that?

Because he is poison. Fills the heads of our more dim-witted fans with crap attitudes that end up directly affecting the squad, and even more irresponsibly, individual players.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

It does - Martin getting a full 90 minutes, much to the annoyance of a couple of posters on here ?

He’s poor and fluffed three chances but at least he tried hard and put himself about and never once moaned at at his teammates. So good for him - but he’s still better as a bench option. 

4 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Gary Rowett is a damn good football manager. Nice to see a few more people are starting to realise it.

I know a Blues fan who still refers to him as Sir Gary of Rowett. Most Birmingham fans I know were gutted he was sacked. I think there is a lot more to come from this squad, but Gaz has certainly got our fitness levels at a high level, we are very strong in the last quarter of the game.

If we would have played to our full potential and not like paralytic donkeys (the Tom Tom club especially) in the first half we’d have won that game about 8-0. It was close cuz we were sleepwalking first half. Leeds are bang average. Lord help them at Pride Park.

COYR

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Fantastic win! 

Last season we were battered at Norwich and Leeds with two sent off - a bit of a difference! 

We have responded from being pegged back at Norwich and from behind at Leeds - excellent 

That last point is probably the most vital, we’ve all made comments about the mentality of the team, and we’ve seen a much stronger one in recent games. That could be the difference.

I optimistically hoped for 4 points from these two way games to set us up for a challenge. To get 6 is an astonishing performance, especially after going behind to a soft goal tonight.

We're having a bit of luck at the moment, which is useful. If we can get the performance right to match the organisation, grit and fortune we're getting...

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

C'mon @Ellafella, jump on the Rowett express.

It might seem out of control, unsure of where it's going, and have a mind of its own, but while it's on the right track it's a shame not to be onboard.

We can always get of at the next station if the wheels come off, after all.

You really hit the nail on the head there.  This is the beauty of being a fan, no responsibility.  We can blissfully shower the players with praise one day and grimly condemn the lot to obscurity the next and when we get it all wrong, like we mostly do, we can use the old hey i am idiot what do i know, i am not running the club.

Archived