Leeds United V Derby County

peachmyster

Tuesday 31st October Ellend Road KO 745pm

Welcome all to the matchday thread we are undeaten in six lets keep this going. What a great performance that was against a very good Norwich side.

However we move on the games are coming thick & fast in the championship and the Rams are on their travels to Leeds. Beat these and we maybe in a playoff place 

Come on you Rams !!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Settle for a point here although I'm positive of us getting all 3. The team id go for is : (although I'm not the tactical genius that is Gary Rowett)

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth 

Ledley  Huddlestone 

Lawrence    Martin     Johnson 

Winnall 

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Forsyth

Huddlestone   Ledley 

Russell      Martin      Johnson

Nugent

Just letting Lawrence know he's got competition...

A point would be more than a satisfactory result, with 4 points away from Leeds and Norwich. Think most would have taken that if offered before these fixtures. That being said, not a bad time to play Leeds, and I think we're more than capable of getting a win.

I'm positive that this is a winnable game, and I think we can nullify the way Leeds play, as we have a lot of a hugely tall players, so I can't imagine the aerial route will be too effective against Derby. 

If we beat Leeds we'll really start to pick up some momentum, and it'll set us up nicely to be challenging for a playoff spot over the Christmas period.

Always keep the same team after a win where fitness/injuries allow.

Saturday the second half performance was much better, with Leeds having an extra day of recovery and Nugent no spring chicken I would be looking at Martin behind Winnall up top.

2 forwards that will be eager to impress having found game time limited. Don’t want to scare you all but Xmas is round the corner, important we keep the squad sharp and ready to go. 

Vydra was slightly disappointing at Norwich, not going to lay into our top scorer too much as everyone has an off day. 

Rest of the side I would keep the same, hopefully Russell will be available for a place on the bench. Not convinced with Johnson out wide.

1 hour ago, David said:

Always keep the same team after a win where fitness/injuries allow.

Saturday the second half performance was much better, with Leeds having an extra day of recovery and Nugent no spring chicken I would be looking at Martin behind Winnall up top.

2 forwards that will be eager to impress having found game time limited. Don’t want to scare you all but Xmas is round the corner, important we keep the squad sharp and ready to go. 

Vydra was slightly disappointing at Norwich, not going to lay into our top scorer too much as everyone has an off day. 

Rest of the side I would keep the same, hopefully Russell will be available for a place on the bench. Not convinced with Johnson out wide.

David I was at Norwich and BJ was one of our best players 

6 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

David I was at Norwich and BJ was one of our best players 

Which is why he's kept his place :) 

Still not convinced that is his position long term, always something about players going back to their old club which sees them perform that little bit better, not always, but still. Ex Leeds as well he has to start, not that we are blessed with options if we needed to, Weimann hasn't taken his chance as well as I would have hoped, Russell fitness. 

It's wins that make the difference in this league. Leaders Sheff Utd have lost more games than us but bestride the Championship table. A third of the way through the campaign and the Gumps and Tractor Boys are both riding higher than might be expected, not having drawn any matches either.

Every game in the Championship is huge. The three games we've lost are against sides above us and could have a massive impact at the end of the season if everyone's up there. I'd expect Leeds to be up there too, and they must be desperate to get back on track after a brilliant start. Beat them and it inflicts serious damage on their promotion hopes with a 6 point swing away from home. That's what the absolutely top teams do.

I like how our team has know-how nowadays. We're not as naive as in recent years. Momentum counts for so much and if (what a huge if) we can win on Tuesday and then at the weekend I think we have the potential to become the juggernaut that other sides will find impossible to stop. Don't let me down, lads. Come on you Rams!

Archived