Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

On 1/3/2018 at 15:40, KCG said:

Vydra is playing out of his skin and unfortunately it won't last!

"Fozzy has never been as good as some make out" - strongly agree with this.

Huddleston is too slow.

Should have bought Premier quality players ala Wolves!

should we also have an owner who is in league with a champions league club in an unnamed foreign country?

i quite like having british players at my club personally. Having the odd Vydra is good, but when half your side is on loan from Portugal and each of them are 10 million pound plus players, and they should all be playing for champions league quality sides, but they are playing for a 2nd tier club. It feels like cheating.

FFP is pointless unless clubs really want it to work, but too many of these foreign investors couldnt give a toss and just want to be EPL as quickly as possible and will break all rules to do it. I like Wolves as a club, good fans, had some tough times, but I dont have much respect for another QPR type club (if it all didnt go according to plan)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

should we also have an owner who is in league with a champions league club in an unnamed foreign country?

i quite like having british players at my club personally. Having the odd Vydra is good, but when half your side is on loan from Portugal and each of them are 10 million pound plus players, and they should all be playing for champions league quality sides, but they are playing for a 2nd tier club. It feels like cheating.

FFP is pointless unless clubs really want it to work, but too many of these foreign investors couldnt give a toss and just want to be EPL as quickly as possible and will break all rules to do it. I like Wolves as a club, good fans, had some tough times, but I dont have much respect for another QPR type club (if it all didnt go according to plan)

But Wolves are guaranteed promotion and we are not. Wolves could become an established Prem team whilst we languish in the Championship for ten more years (hopefully not!). Football fans are fickle and no manager is safe without a modicum of success, as we have seen. It's a conundrum, but money usually talks and succeeds e.g. Man City!

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Andreas weimann is, and has always been, a more intelligent footballer than Johnny Russell.

The number of times Monday there was a massive space in behind for Russell to run into but he just stood there.

One time he did spin he won the penalty! 

Shocking display.

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

The number of times Monday there was a massive space in behind for Russell to run into but he just stood there.

One time he did spin he won the penalty! 

Shocking display.

This is exactly what I’m alluding to, arguably Russell is more skilled than someone like weimann but he just isn’t on the same wavelength as some of our players, he just doesnt see what others do. I think one incident was when Huddlestone held the ball up on the edge of Sheff Uniteds box, he then played a weighted pass into the space on the right where Russell should be running into and he just wasn’t there! Very frustrating, as Russell does have good direct running when he does find the right place to be.

Thats where weimann is much more intelligent imo, moments like the first against QPR and a couple of the goals at Barnsley were to do with his intelligent running and Huddlestone sending him free in space. It’s frustrating that he lacks the technical finishing and final ball at times, but he’s definately better at reading the game than Russell.

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This is exactly what I’m alluding to, arguably Russell is more skilled than someone like weimann but he just isn’t on the same wavelength as some of our players, he just doesnt see what others do. I think one incident was when Huddlestone held the ball up on the edge of Sheff Uniteds box, he then played a weighted pass into the space on the right where Russell should be running into and he just wasn’t there! Very frustrating, as Russell does have good direct running when he does find the right place to be.

Thats where weimann is much more intelligent imo, moments like the first against QPR and a couple of the goals at Barnsley were to do with his intelligent running and Huddlestone sending him free in space. It’s frustrating that he lacks the technical finishing and final ball at times, but he’s definately better at reading the game than Russell.

This is working both ways. Against Sheffield United we won a free kick on the half way line and Russell made a lovely run across the backline in behind the defence. Forsyth found him with the ball but the rest of our front line were just stood 20 yards further back twiddling their thumbs. If they'd been more awake he could've put the ball across into the penalty area for an easy tap in but there was no one there.

12 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I bet Mel's button is bigger though.

Big red one that says SACKED on it.

Donald Trump did the Apprentice USA

Mel would be better than Lord Sir Alan Sir Lord Sugar. 

He is good at saying "you're fired!"

27 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Nigel Clough would've got us promoted by now even if he hadn't had £40 million to spend.

But don't you agree, the season Nigel was sacked we were playing poorly, and likely to finish around 10th again if he wasn't sacked?

TobyWanKenobi

Some people in this thread are not really giving their opinion, and just trying (and failing) to wind people up.

And certain people, do the same in every thread, not just this one. :D

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Andicis said:

But don't you agree, the season Nigel was sacked we were playing poorly, and likely to finish around 10th again if he wasn't sacked?

At times we were excellent that season under Clough.

We did get turned over at home though a few times early on, from memory against those that competed for promotion that season. But it did cost him his job.

I think Sam was looking for an excuse to get rid.

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Back to the title of the thread...

moving to pride park was the biggest mistake the club has ever made. 

I am glad hat Brian Clough never came back to us after he quit  

john gregory would have turned us around given time  

King Billy...

Very interesting...you've hit a rich vein of the kind of ideas that the thread should be mining ...!

I really miss the BBG...whether we could have competed at Premier League level  with the ground redeveloped is worthy of debate. (Crystal Palace.. Burnley...suggests it's possible?).

Two European Cups suggest otherwise...and it would have meant at the very least Forest didnt get have that success. Although .. Leeds suggests if his heart wasn't in it he could be a disaster.

Errr sorry..John 'chocolate' (if I could eat myself I would) Gregory never turned anything round. All flash and arrogance..once he got it wrong he had neither the humility or knowledge to get it back.

I liked Billy....a lot. His record at Championship level is excellent. He's like a Dennis Wise or Craig Bellamy type..  horrible when he's against you and quite divisive when he's on your team but demands and gives 100%.

Archived