Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

George Thorne is not as good as we all make out to be and it would be risky if we were to just drop ledley and place him in with Big Tom.

You tell me why you think that and I’ll tell you why you’re wrong! 

On 06/01/2018 at 18:46, Bris Vegas said:

If Mel had arrived at Derby a decade earlier, we would have had a decade of excellent football in the Premier League under George Burley.

And to add, Burley with backing would have gone on to become one of Derby's greatest managers (top five).

Not sure how this could be classed as an 'unpopular opinion'.  For a start, I don't see many posters going mad about how rubbish George Burley was, so why an assertion that with more money behind him we might have been more successful would be unpopular.  It should probably just be classed as 'idle speculation that might warrent further discussion, but as its moot, probably won't'.

FWIW I also thought GB was a good manager and agree we played some good football during his tenure.  There, another reason its not an unpopular opinion.

1 hour ago, minesahartington said:

There should be no reference to Burton Albion whatsover on Radio Derby. They are in Staffs and no on cares

They may be east staffs, but no other radio station would or should cover them.

If Stafford Rangers get featured on radio stoke, and cannock are on Radio wolverhampton /WM, then unfortunately we get Burton. Deal with it.

Archived