Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't think Hughes was all that, nice on the eye but didn't turn into the player we all thought he was going to be. When he first broke through I expected him to play the Vydra role but the longer he was with is the deeper he got. Huddlestone has had a far better affect on the way we play than Hughes ever did. Sold him, Christie and Ince at the right time ? Rowett's best bit of business

3 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

Didn't think Hughes was all that, nice on the eye but didn't turn into the player we all thought he was going to be. When he first broke through I expected him to play the Vydra role but the longer he was with is the deeper he got. Huddlestone has had a far better affect on the way we play than Hughes ever did. Sold him, Christie and Ince at the right time ? Rowett's best bit of business

That part is dead right.

Yeah agreed with that about Nugent. For me, his overall play is declining at a rapid rate. He's still getting the goals here and there because he's got a footballing brain but for me, the goals are covering over the cracks. That's not blaming him though as his way of playing, combined with his age means his way of harassing defenders gets worse over time and age catches up with every player. For me, he's half the player he was last season where he was genuinely brilliant at putting defenders under pressure. The game we beat Fulham 4-2 epitomised everything good with Nugent.

47 minutes ago, tinman said:

Nugent is no longer a valid option to start a match. 

Really?! Maybe not for the full 90, but he was excellent on Monday for most the time he was on the pitch when he got the ball. He’s been without doubt our best striker this season.

Would agree with getting a younger version of him soon tho, though I’d have thought that to be a fairly popular opinion.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Really?! Maybe not for the full 90, but he was excellent on Monday for most the time he was on the pitch when he got the ball. He’s been without doubt our best striker this season.

Would agree with getting a younger version of him soon tho, though I’d have thought that to be a fairly popular opinion.

His legs have gone. He stops moving after 45 minutes. 

Hes a good option off the bench but that’s it. 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

I can't believe my eyes

I knew it'd be unpopular, hence why it comes under this thread. I personally believe we have one of the strongest squads, so not unrealistic to expect for us to be at the top end just based off the squad, I don't think Rowett's doing a bad job, I just don't buy into the hype either. I absolutely accept people can disagree with me on this. 

Archived