Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

Bryson has been rubbish since his 5 year contract, and his legs have gone.

Keogh is the best centre back in the league.

Buxton was as much at fault for the Wembley goal as Keogh ever was.

Didn't rate John Eustace.

Think Nick Blackman could actually help us right now, given our similar types of wingers in Weimann/Russell - he's never been a central striker though.

I'm yet to see Sam Winnall do anything in the flesh. The only goal he's scored at home was the only home game I've missed.

Vydra was evidently quality from the moment he signed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Srg said:

Didn't rate John Eustace.

Think Nick Blackman could actually help us right now, given our similar types of wingers in Weimann/Russell - he's never been a central striker though.

I'm yet to see Sam Winnall do anything in the flesh. The only goal he's scored at home was the only home game I've missed.

That's not really an opinion.

Other than that I think I agree.

I don't like Chris martins style of play

i appreciate the value of Chris martins style of play

i think Johnsons very good at offensive passes(risk/reward)

keogh is the best CB in the league

Huddlestone hasn't been very good this season

Tom Lawrence has been disappointing this season for £7 mil

vydras not the lazy sod I thought he was when he first arrived

Fozzy has never been as good as some make out

We vastly overpaid for Vydra. 

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I would full well agree that we could sell him for much more than we bought him (and this would be true even if the market hadn't gone absolutely insane last summer).

However at the time he was a player who Watford were looking to offload coming of the back off a bad season on loan at Reading. 8m was crazy high for him at that time and is indicative of how bad we did business that summer and the season before it. 

2 hours ago, England Ram said:

I think the queues are reasonable for food at half time considering the numbers of people. 

I must admit i do enjoy a good queue. Sometimes i'll join the queue even if i don't want anything just to get the full match day experience.

Vydra is playing out of his skin and unfortunately it won't last!

"Fozzy has never been as good as some make out" - strongly agree with this.

Huddleston is too slow.

Should have bought Premier quality players ala Wolves!

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

Huddleston is too slow.

We did, the Scottish premiership! ?

6 hours ago, Srg said:

Have been saying all of these for a long time. 

Especially the Nick Blackman one, much to the annoyance of some of our members...

43 minutes ago, KCG said:

Huddleston is too slow.

That can't be an unpopular opinion? The Lambert glacier would do him over 100 meters.

Not really too much an unpopular opinion as I know a few in this thread appreciated him but I really believe that Blackman would have been brilliant in this current team playing on the right. For me, he's got more natural talent than Russell and Weimann but we didn't get the best out of him. The reason I believe he would have done well in this current side is that under Pearson(who had a similar set up to Rowett in terms of the formation), he was arguably one of the first players on the team sheet before his injury because he was impressive.

Now, he'd be playing in a much superior team who have lots of confidence. He'd rip some teams apart on the counter attack with his speed and there would be less pressure on him to score the way the team is set up so he would be able to relax a bit more. Rowett isn't bothered with being technical and keeping the ball like Clement and McClaren were, which were Blackman's weakest aspects and there would have been more space for him to work with. Shame it never worked out.

Another one: I don't think Vydra will score another 5 goals this season. I think(although hope I'm wrong) it might be a similar case to Bryson in 13/14 where most of his goals came in this first half of the season. Nothing to really support this apart from him burning himself out recently but just a feeling.

Archived