Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett overachieved here this season and I don't buy into the Lampard hype.

Yes, Rowett did have a good squad, but it was mostly a squad made up of other people's signings. To sell our best two players and end up better off than we were last season was impressive, as was transforming somebody else's big-money forward from an underwhelming acquisition to the top-scorer in the league.
The criticisms of his style of play were fair, and you have to wonder what we might have achieved without that terrible run in February/March, but at the end of the day all the sides who finished above us had stronger squads than us. He will always get stick for the second-leg vs Fulham, but the simple fact of the matter is that we were 45 mins away from the playoff final. Had we shithoused it against a vastly superior side, you wouldn't have found many people moaning about the style of play then! I think he would have us competitive had he stayed.
I think he'll do well at Stoke next season with more money to spend and a fanbase who won't care as much about the long-balls. I also worry that he'll come in for Vydra or Carson.

I'm worried about us, now. I worry that Lampard has no experience of high-level coaching and will just be another Gary Neville at Valencia. This is a big club, with an expectant fanbase and high expectations, and it looks like we won't have much room for manoeuvre in the transfer market. If it goes wrong, it could go badly wrong.

We will go up next season

Hendrick sale was a great piece of business.  An average player

Theo Robinson was terrific

Mel secretly misses Mac

Zanzala breaks into first team soon

Foreign scouting actually pays off

Derby fans are the biggest moaners, they moan about moaners

15 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I totally agree - definitely the right decision for Derby for Rowett to jump ship.

You definitely can't blame him. He would have had a huge rebuilding job to do at either club, he just gets to do it with a boatload of cash at the Clayheads instead of worrying about balancing the books, as he would have here. Plus he gets his contract paid up, signing on bonus, pay rise and doesn't even have to move house.

Loyalty in football is an archane proposition, it died years ago. For managers, how can you expect loyalty when everyone knows they will get tin tacked if they get a string of bad results. Like is rewarded with like I am afraid.

23 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

You definitely can't blame him. He would have had a huge rebuilding job to do at either club, he just gets to do it with a boatload of cash at the Clayheads instead of worrying about balancing the books, as he would have here. Plus he gets his contract paid up, signing on bonus, pay rise and doesn't even have to move house.

Loyalty in football is an archane proposition, it died years ago. For managers, how can you expect loyalty when everyone knows they will get tin tacked if they get a string of bad results. Like is rewarded with like I am afraid.

you can blame him because he sold our young valuable players for old experienced players which aint worth f-all because of their ages so we have basically thrown away that money, and now has jumped ship because he knows our team isnt good enough  or no value because hes made us this way! when a rebuild starts like what he was ment to be doing you start by a couple of experience players but then alot of youth! l he has only signed 2 players under the age of 30

14 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Not sure I have mentioned it in here before, pretty sure I have but Dean sturridge was rubbish...

17 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

you can blame him because he sold our young valuable players for old experienced players which aint worth f-all because of their ages so we have basically thrown away that money, and now has jumped ship because he knows our team isnt good enough  or no value because hes made us this way! when a rebuild starts like what he was ment to be doing you start by a couple of experience players but then alot of youth! l he has only signed 2 players under the age of 30

He also only signed two over 30 - with two who are actually 30. No doubt the squad is a bit on the vintage side but the blame for that does not fall all at one man's feet.

2 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Nigel Clough is the grumpiest, dour and boring bloke to ever manage Derby County. His football matched his personality perfectly. Way worse than "Rowett-ball"... 

I’m convinced that everybody who holds this opinion gave up watching before the start of 12/13

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

I totally agree - definitely the right decision for Derby for Rowett to jump ship.

To continue the nautical analogy ...... let’s just hope the ship he jumped isn’t the Titanic. 

Archived