Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

With Wisdom and Tom back, whose next to return? 

Obviously Ibe and Lingard back would be ideal but never going to happen. 

Giles Barnes? Isn't he meant to be tearing the MLS up? (Not that that's hard) 

I don't think Lingard would be ideal. The guy is a dabbing clown now, who never got into our starting 11 consistently. (As you can tell, not a fan!)

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't think Lingard would be ideal. The guy is a dabbing clown now, who never got into our starting 11 consistently. (As you can tell, not a fan!)

Was hardly a finished article whilst here, and still isn't now, but Lingard would absolutely abuse championship full backs. Image Cyrus Christie trying to defend against that. 

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Was hardly a finished article whilst here, and still isn't now, but Lingard would absolutely abuse championship full backs. Image Cyrus Christie trying to defend against that. 

I actually don't think so. My bias aside, I think Lingard is overrated. He works hard, and runs around which is what Mourinho wants, he pops up with the odd wonder goal, but he doesn't do all that much. He rarely beats a man. He is a squad player who keeps the shape at Man Utd, hardly a creative spark and I doubt would abuse defenders, even at Championship level.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I actually don't think so. My bias aside, I think Lingard is overrated. He works hard, and runs around which is what Mourinho wants, he pops up with the odd wonder goal, but he doesn't do all that much. He rarely beats a man. He is a squad player who keeps the shape at Man Utd, hardly a creative spark and I doubt would abuse defenders, even at Championship level.

I'm not so sure, do you remember that Reading cup game he played in for us? Showed his potential, he was electric. 

8 hours ago, Bosshogg said:

I think that was including 'add ons' which for one reason or another didn't happen. Actual fee was around 650k (if memory serves me correctly but I'm sure someone on here will know what went on)

Well pleased to have him back though, he's a touch of class. However we desperately need some pace going forward so get on it please GR so I can stop obsessively checking all the transfer pages every day! 

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/extra-cash-rams-huddlestone-makes-england-senior-debut/story-11565185-detail/story.html

Doesn't quite confirm it but think it's widely thought we wrote most clauses off to cover outstanding payments for/a second loan for El Hamdaoui.

6 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Who gives up their squad number for Tom? Anya No 8. Pearce No 16, Tom's original squad number.

Isn't it managements decision? they can change numbers before the start of each season. I assume a few will move numbers, to get close to 1-11 starting XI unless players have specific reasons for other numbers (or is that me just being nostalgic and wanting 1-11 being the starting XI...?)

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Isn't it managements decision? they can change numbers before the start of each season. I assume a few will move numbers, to get close to 1-11 starting XI unless players have specific reasons for other numbers (or is that me just being nostalgic and wanting 1-11 being the starting XI...?)

He's a big lad. Any three figure number would do.

His profile has already been added to the Derby first team but what surprised me was he's listed as being the same height as George Thorne but 12kgs lighter than him; surely that can't be right?!

Very happy with the signing, can't see it going wrong, we've added to a key area we've always been light on, he's young enough to stay fit, he has a huge amount of experience for anyone at this level, he has Derby in his heart and we've bummed Hull in the process.

Classic win, win, win, win, win right there.

PistoldPete2

Was surprised we didn't sign him last time hull were relegated, but I guess we thought a fit george thorne would be enough and we went for Johnson and butterfield when hughes and Bryson were injured.

but we did need another CDM, so welcome back Tom.

Archived