Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I do wonder why everyone today is so obsessed with pace.

It starts at selection for junior team squads right at a very early age. The English FA is obsessed with it. They would much prefer the headless chicken that runs all over the place to a strategic passer. This means that the truly technical players get left out for game time and do not develop at the same rate as their colleagues. I was always surprised that Will came through the ranks.

9 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

It starts at selection for junior team squads right at a very early age. The English FA is obsessed with it. They would much prefer the headless chicken that runs all over the place to a strategic passer. This means that the truly technical players get left out for game time and do not develop at the same rate as their colleagues. I was always surprised that Will came through the ranks.

I totally agree with this. Just look at Shaun Wright-Phillips or Theo Walcott. Both are very quick players but they lack ability. Walcott is slightly better but has no football brain. Even Michael Owen was all about his pace really, when that went he was a great player as he had no other discernible talents. Fans seem to love a player who runs a lot but has nothing else i.e. Johnny Russell. In my opinion Huddlestone has been underrated. Pace isn't everything, the ability to read the game is how more important.

On 7/14/2017 at 20:45, 86 points said:

My favourite quote from the Hull forum:

'Davies and Huddlestone for 2.5m . Derby have had our pants down and drybummed us all over' 

:D:D:D

The more I think about this, the more I love the author. Surely he should be a Rams fan. Perhaps we could convert him to the Derby way though I'd venture that sheep and dry-bumming might not be the best combo.

1 hour ago, Lokidoki said:

Nonsense

1 hour ago, derby1884 said:

Fans seem to love a player who runs a lot but has nothing else i.e. Johnny Russell. 

Couldn't agree more. My heart sinks every time the Johnny Russell song starts after he's just pointlessly run after a ball he never had a chance of catching.  Some see it as commitment when in actual fact it's extremely poor game management.  Pure waste of energy...but he gets his name sung like a hero. 

15 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Couldn't agree more. My heart sinks every time the Johnny Russell song starts after he's just pointlessly run after a ball he never had a chance of catching.  Some see it as commitment when in actual fact it's extremely poor game management.  Pure waste of energy...but he gets his name sung like a hero. 

Let's try booing him instead

On 15/07/2017 at 19:53, Saul Pimpson said:

Oh no can't cancel quote on my phone. Ignore.

I don't remember a song for Tim when he was first here.

What about the Imperial March from Star Wars?

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Tom Huddlestone Tom Tom

Tom Huddlestone Tom Tom

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Tom Huddlestone Tom Tom

Tom Huddlestone Tom Tom

You could adapt the match of the day tune.

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom......................................................................Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Huddlestone. 

14 minutes ago, sage said:

Tom Huddlestone Tom Tom

Tom Huddlestone Tom Tom

I did have the "Mrs Robinson" tune in my head the other day and couldn't stop thinking "So here's to you, Tommy Huddleston"...

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I did have the "Mrs Robinson" tune in my head the other day and couldn't stop thinking "So here's to you, Tommy Huddleston"...

So here's to you tommy Huddlestone,

Curtains loves you.more than you will know, woo woo woo,

God pass forwards please, Martin will hold up for the midfield play, hey hey,

4 hours ago, Gritters said:

You could adapt the match of the day tune.

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom......................................................................Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Huddlestone. 

Apart from the end that song would work equally as well for Andre Wisdom.

Archived